Keto mint chocolate cream cups everyone’s favorite! A chocolate crust with a mint cream filling, topped with peppermint whipped cream!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Mint Chocolate Cream Cups
I set out to make a St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Recipe. I knew that I wanted them to be similar to the Coconut Cream Pie Cups because they were such a hit! So that is what I did.
Except…. the crust is different, the cream is different and the whipped cream is different. BUT I used the same cups! So, there’s that!
The flavors throughout this entire dessert just flow beautifully and meld to one another in perfection.
I really like single serving desserts. I think they stay fresher and there is less time needed when you just want to pull a little treat out of the fridge.
You don’t have to cut anything, slice anything, partition anything. You just pop the top off and are on your way!
RELATED – How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
You’ll need some sort of jars. I used 5 2 ounce jars like these. You can really use just about anything.
I like the mason jars because you can screw to top on, pop them in the fridge and they will keep their freshness!
You will certainly need hand beaters for whipped cream! You can’t make homemade whipped cream without hand beaters!
Sweeteners & Flavors
Obviously mint and chocolate were the main flavors that I was going for in this recipe.
The crust is a chocolate based crust flavored mainly with unsweetened cocoa powder. A hint of coffee really adds to the fullness of the chocolate flavor. But it is subtle enough that unless you know it is in there, you probably won’t be able to pinpoint it.
Peppermint flavor/extract is my new favorite toy to play with! I got it when I went to the store looking for caramel extract (which I did not find), but came home with peppermint flavor and lemon flavor. I made my first peppermint dessert for Valentine’s day! You can check it out here : Peppermint Mug Cake.
How to Toast Almond Flour
If you’ve been following my recipes recently, you’ll know that my new favorite thing (besides peppermint of course) is toasted almond flour.
Check out my quick and easy instructions: How To Toast Almond Flour
HOT KETO RECIPE – Keto OMG BARS
Now, this IS a bit higher than an average keto dessert (or at least one of mine). But on occasion, it is fine to treat yourself with a delicious keto treat.
It still comes in at under 5g net carbs per cup – definitely worth it!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- 1 cup toasted almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground coffee
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 drops liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract flavor
- 2-3 drops safe green food coloring
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, cocoa, monkfruit, and coffee. Mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, vanilla and stevia.
- Add butter mixture to almond flour mixture.
- Fold with spatula until all chunks are dissolved.
- No need to bake!
- Diving into 5 and put into the bottom of 5 2 ounce mason jars. Pat down.
- Set aside.
- Add 2 egg yolks to a small bowl, beat, and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, warm heavy whipping cream and stevia over medium-medium-high heat until hot but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix monkfruit, almond flour, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Once the heavy whipping cream mixture is hot, add monkfruit mixture.
- Continue stirring until sauce begins to think. This could take anywhere from 2-5 minutes depending on the heat. It will start to lightly bubble and that is perfect. Keep stirring until slightly thicker.
- Temper egg yolks: Pour a small amount of hot mixture into egg bowl. Mix quickly and add back into hot mixture. Continue stirring for another few minutes as sauce thickens even more.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint and food coloring. Mix until all combined.
- Add about 2-2.5 tablespoons to each mason jar (approximately).
- Put jars in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool.
- Prepare whipped cream as instructed and add to the top of cups.
- Top with a few chocolate chips, if desired.
- Store in the fridge with the lid!
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411.59 Total Fat: 40.44g Saturated Fat: 18.31g Sodium: 74.75mg Carbohydrates: 8.23g Fiber: 3.32g Sugar: 2.96g Protein: 7.68g