The perfect keto dessert for after dinner, parties, or even breakfast if you are feeling saucy!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Almond Maple Cake
Alright, alright…. If there is ONE dessert that is guaranteed to please just about everyone – this is it!
Bundt cakes are always fun to make and look beautiful.
The key to making an aesthetically pleasing bundt cake (i.e. one that doesn’t fall apart and stick to the pan) is to 1) have a nice bundt pan and 2) liberally grease it with coconut oil.
Don’t be shy, lather that baby up!
Each of these on their own simply rock.
Put them together and fireworks happen! I wasn’t sure what the end result would be when I set out to make this yesterday. Sometimes, that is the best way to create recipes – just head into the kitchen with a vague vision and let it create itself! Magic happens.
Why did I choose to add Perfect Keto Collagen? For starters, it is perfectly formulated for a clean, keto lifestyle. Additionally, collagen is amazing for your body.
Not sure about the amazing benefits of collagen? Check them out here! For me personally, I take collagen daily for my hair and skin.
I chose to combine the almond and maple flavors in the glaze. The sugar-free maple syrup adds just a subtle hint of maple flavor and combines well with the almond flavor.
I was originally going to put 2 tablespoons, but I started with 1 and it turns out that is all that is needed.
My 16-year-old son literally licked the bowl of the glaze after I was done.
I used this combination with my keto chocolate chip cookies and the flavor was simply amazing. So I decided to give it another shot with this recipe.
Lakanto monk fruit is one of my favorite sweeteners of all time. And the BROWN version is quickly becoming a favorite too.
Eat it while you can! This dessert lasted only 24 hours and was devoured by every person in my house. My dog even snuck a bite out of the side of it. And you know when a cake is good when someone eats the partially eaten dog piece!
Let me know what you think!
For the cake
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup brown monkfruit sweetener
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Chocolate Collagen Powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for greasing bundt pan
For the topping
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Liberally grease bundt pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, monkfuit, collagen, baking powder and salt together well.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and cream cheese with a hand beater.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and continue mixing with hand beater.
- Pour egg mixture into dry mixture and combine with beater.
- Add almond milk if mixture needs it. It should be easy to spread but definitely not liquid form. The batter should be very thick.
- Add batter evenly to bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then lightly jiggle the bundt pan up and down to start loosening it.
- Let cool for 5 more minutes and then invert the cake onto a cooking rack!
For the topping
- Once the cake is cooled enough, prepare glaze.
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Whisk until well combined and thick.
- The glaze will be thick. If you want it even thicker, let it sit for a few minutes and it will thicken up even more!
Put it all together
- Drizzle one layer (1/2 the glaze) on the top of the cake and let fall down sides. Wait a few minutes for the glaze to thicken a bit and the repeat the process with the remaining glaze. This time the glaze layer will be much thicker and lay on top of the underneath coating.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!