Tater Tots are a childhood favorite. Who are we kidding? Adults love them too! These Keto Cauliflower Tots are sure to satisfy that craving and delight the taste buds of even tater tots’ biggest fan!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Keto Seasoned Cauliflower tater tots
Who doesn't love tater tots? Anyone? I especially love the cajun tater tots. That will be my next version of this recipe!
Even without the Cajun twist, these keto seasoned cauliflower tater tots hit the spot with my entire family! So much so that I will have to double the recipe next time. Remember, I have FIVE kids, four of whom are teenagers! So... they eat a TON!
Do you ever have to hide veggies in foods so your kids don't know they are eating them? Did your parents do that to you? I can't say that I've ever done that but I know it is a popular thing to do as I've seen it done a TON!
Well, guess what? You don't even have to hide it with this recipe because everyone knows what a tater tot is and why would your kid even question that you made a tater tot our of vegetables. I mean, come on, right? The perfect disguise!
How to make toasted almond flour
Toasting almond flour really does make a difference. Do not just use regular almond flour.
You will find that the taste and consistency are not what you are expecting!
Check out my steps to toast almond flour. Super simple. Check them out HERE.
Toasted almond flour really is one of my staples now when I need a crunchy flour/bread type base. I think you'll find it quite useful too!
Parchment paper - Having some good parchment paper will go a long way! I don't know if these would stick to a baking sheet, but my gut tells me YES! I like to use the unbleached parchment that comes in brown like this one.
Baking Sheet - I prefer the ceramic ones. Easier to clean and they are easy to tell my hubby to NOT TOUCH THE WHITE ONES. He likes to put raw meat on them when grilling and it was so hard to keep my normal baking ones away from him. UNTIL NOW!
What to Eat Cauliflower Tater Tots With?
Anything!!! If you want an all out kid-favorite meal - then make some keto nuggets (recipe coming soon) and cauliflower tots! Throw in some keto friendly ketchup and you are golden!
They are a great side dish for any meat or even a good snack.
I've been known to throw them on a plate with eggs as well!
How Many Carbs are in Cauliflower Tots?
It depends on the recipe! This recipe has a serving size of 4 tots and comes in at 1 net carb. So have 8!
How to Give Cauliflower Tots a Little Kick
If you want these a little bit of a kick, you can make your own special Italiasion Seasoning. Learn how to make Italian Seasoning with a Kick!
These are pretty simple to make. The only tip is to take the time to really cut the green onions small so that they can easily spread out among each of the tots.
Rolling each tot takes time, but not too much time. Some people use mini muffin tins, but the cleanup and potential of them sticking was just something I didn't want to deal with. PLUS, I wanted them looking as closely like *real* tater tots as possible!
I didn't use any sauce with mine, but back in the day, I used to DRENCH them in ranch dressing. I have not yet made a keto ranch dressing, but it is next on my list!
Seasoned Cauliflower “Tater” Tots
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons toasted almond flour
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Pink Himalayan sea saltto taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium pan on the stove, saute cauliflower rice over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stirring often.
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Add feta cheese and smash with a spoon. Grind it up into small pieces while mixing it with the egg.
- In a medium bowl, add cauliflower rice, egg mixture, shredded cheese, 1/4 cup toasted almond flour, green onions, Italian Seasoning and salt. Combine well.
- Grab about 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and form into tater tot shape. You can make them as big or as small as your want. Line them in rows on the baking sheet.
- Continue until batter is done.
- Using remaining toasted almond flour to sprinkle on the top of tater tops.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm by themselves or with your favorite keto dipping sauce!
Serving Size:4 tots
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!