I love making dinners that end up all in one pot or dish. This Keto Beef Casserole is a healthy low carb mix of fats, protein and minimal carbs. Get your entire dinner in one scoop!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Keto Beef Casserole
My hubby is working a 48-hour shift and I wanted to make a casserole type dish so I could have easy lunch leftovers for a few days. Lunch is my hardest meal, by the way. Breakfast is easy, dinner is easy, and lunch is a challenge!
I love having leftovers because it takes the decision away! That’s when I decided to make some sort of keto beef casserole with lots of veggies!
Casseroles are sometimes difficult because they end up being dry or just not all that tasty. I’m not a huge fan of putting eggs in casseroles either. Not sure why, but I just prefer not to.
But there is just something about being able to cook something that provides an entire dinner in one scoop!
Some of my kids have this issue with their food groups touching. They definitely didn’t get that from me. Growing up we were a meat and potatoes kind of family but my mom also made a lot of casseroles. I LOVED her casseroles.
I’ve mostly broadened my kids’ pallets enough to be open to casseroles and they almost always end up liking them.
Now…. spice? That is going to be a challenge for my 5-year-old. Luckily this dish is NOT spicy!
Whenever I am making a last minute dinner, I always use ground beef! There are so many yummy keto casserole and other delicious ground beef meals like this keto beef casserole. This keto ground beef casserole is made totally different but with superb taste! Now, if you need a TON more yummy ideas, check out all these keto and low carb ground beef recipes.
And who doesn’t love comfort foods? Especially keto comfort foods! This keto beef casserole is most definitely in the comfort food category. Another comfort favorite is this keto chicken pot pie (YUM)!
I love cheese, but my hubby can’t have dairy. So I save meals like this for when he is gone!
Mozzarella cheese is great for a lot of things, but it is very…. sticky and holds together really well. Which is GREAT for things like keto bagels and keto pigs in a blanket. But for this type of dish, just a splash is all you need! The main cheese is freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
You can buy pre-shredded but just check the ingredients and carbs. Sometimes you might be in for more than you bargain for. I buy a big block and shred it myself.
I chose to use heavy whipping cream to soak into the meat and keep it “moist”. I know, I know…. moist (cringe). It tends to work well and you don’t need a binding agent here as it just falls apart on the plate, you mix it up and shovel it into your mouth.
For veggies – you will enjoy onions, cauliflower and broccoli!
I prefer to buy organic frozen cauliflower rice. Costco has big bags of them. It is SO much easier than making your own.
As for broccoli, I also buy bulk organic frozen broccoli from Costco. They can in pre-packaged 1 pound bags inside the big bag. I lightly cooked 1 pound of broccoli as the recipe suggests, chopped it up, measured out what I needed and then ate the rest as a side dish!
When it comes to the beef seasoning, I use my homemade keto fajita seasoning. It is useful for SO many things beyond fajitas! You could also use taco seasoning if you wish, just make sure it is keto!
Aside from that, a few pots and pans and you are good to go!
How to Toast Almond Flour
Toasting almond flour is not difficult! BUT it is easy to burn. Check out these easy instructions on how to toast almond flour!
Other Keto Casseroles You Might Like
- 1-1.5 pounds of ground beef (I used 1.3 because that's the size it came in)
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup toasted almond flour
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/4 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (plus some for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Brown ground beef and add 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning once cooked. Mix well.
- Add ground beef to the baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add 1.5 cups of cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Boil broccoli for 2 minutes or until bright green.
- Remove from heat and water, chop and measure 2 cups.
- Add broccoli to cheese mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat.
- Saute chopped onion and cauliflower rice for 7 minutes, stirring often.
- When done, add to cheese mixture.
- Add heavy whipping cream to cheese mixture and combine well.
- Place cheese mixture on top of ground beef in the glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and toasted almond flour.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496.78Total Fat: 42.85gSaturated Fat: 20.7gSodium: 297.77mgCarbohydrates: 5.74gFiber: 1.31gSugar: 1.98gProtein: 24.06g