If you are looking for something in between enchiladas, tacos, and fajitas, then this keto enchilada casserole recipe is just what you need! Have you ever tried hearts of palm? You are in for a treat! This recipe is flavorful, tangy and most definitely filling!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Enchilada Casserole
I’ll be honest and admit that we set out to make lettuce wrapped enchiladas with a twist. The twist was the hearts of palm which pretty much add an incredible flavor to just about anything! Let’s just say when it came time to wrap them, the type of lettuce we had just didn’t cut it.
We quickly changed plans to salvage the most amazingly delicious recipe we had created so far. We decided to make a casserole instead of wraps. A few egg white and some last minute cheese were all we needed to change to a keto enchilada casserole!
This tasted even better warmed up the next day. It is kind of like lasagna that ALWAYS tastes better the next day. I used to make lasagna the night before, cook it and then let it sit in the fridge for 18 hours to set. This is kind of like that although it was still perfect the same night! BUT just know that if you think you’ll have leftovers with this, then you are in for a treat!
Other Casserole Recipes You Might Like
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 can (10 ounces) no added sugar enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 5 hearts of palm (each about 4 inches), sliced thin
- 2 red peppers, finely diced
- 3 celery, finely diced
- bunch of green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- Over medium heat, add chicken to medium pan and cook until done. Stirring often.
- Meanwhile, mix room temperature and softened cream cheese with enchilada sauce. Either microwave for 60 seconds or heat over medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes. Just enough to soften the cream cheese even further.
- Add 1/3 cup of water to cheese mixture and blend with a hand beater. It may not be completely blended and may have small chunks of cream cheese. That is PERFECTLY fine. No need for it to be fully blended.
- Set cheese sauce aside.
- Once chicken is done, add hearts of palm, peppers, celery, and green onions. Saute for 10 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add cilantro and jalapenos and saute for 5 more minutes. Stirring often.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of cheese sauce mixture.
- Add egg whites to remaining cheese sauce mixture and mix well.
- Pour egg and cheese sauce blend into the chicken mixture and stir.
- Add chicken and cheese sauce mixture into an 8x8 glass pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese and cook for 10 additional minutes.
- Let cool for 7-10 minutes to set.
- The 3/4 cup cheese sauce mixture can be used as a topping to pour over slices when served.
- Optional additional toppings are avocado and keto salsa!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394.11Total Fat: 24.23gSaturated Fat: 12.21gSodium: 827.58mgCarbohydrates: 10.56gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 7.12gProtein: 32.71g