This classic and delicious keto cabbage and kielbasa makes enough to feed the entire family and, more importantly, will satisfy all!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Cabbage and Kielbasa
****** UPDATED RECIPE 3/13 **********
I knew this Cabbage and Kielbasa recipe was going to be good.
Seriously, I could just tell.
When hubby walked in with the ingredients, I could already taste it. This is one of the meals that he enjoys. We make it different every time though.
So THIS time, we were intentional about flavor, spices, quantities, etc.. so that I could update an older recipe from last year.
Oh man, did it turn out amazing! Just like we knew it would!
RELATED - How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
Kid approved. Husband approved. Mom approved!
The smell while cooking will make your mouth water in anticipation.
I made keto buns as a side dish. Toasted them, slapped a little butter on, and went on my way!
Sharp knife - if you want to make clean cuts in the meat and veggies, a sharp knife will serve you well. I don't spend a lot on knives. I have one or two nice ones and take care of them!
We chose to use turmeric and paprika for the majority of the flavoring.
Turmeric - this beautiful, yellow spice has SO many health benefits!
Turmeric is like the super spice of spices. The king of the jungle. The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin and that is what we are going to focus on. Curcumin just happens to be fat soluble, so it is a pretty perfect additional to my fatty keto smoothie.
According to Healthline (see references below):
- Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory, and in fact, some studies have been done that suggest it is as powerful as some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Curcumin increases the body’s antioxidant capacity. This lovely thing neutralizes those darn free radicals that wreak havoc on our bodies.
- Curcumin can lower your risk of heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Curcumin shows promising benefits against depression. In fact, the result were similar to Prozac.
RELATED - My Immune Boosting, Inflammation Busting Smoothie (yes, it includes turmeric)
Paprika - ah paprika!
Paprika is another beautiful spice that I love adding to dishes!
According to Livestrong, Paprika is loaded with Vitamin A and carotenoids! This is where it gets its color, by the way! Huge benefit to your eyes!
And let's not forget the Vitamin E and iron!
So not only are you eating a delicious meal, you are healthy an incredibly healthy meal!
- In a large wok, brown pork sausage.
- Add chopped cabbage and saute for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients and saute for 20 minutes, stirring often, or until desired tenderness.
- Serve hot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 12gSodium: 1171mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g