Sometimes you just want bread, or flatbread, or pita bread! Don’t let keto stop you! Enjoy this fluffy and satisfying keto pita bread and stuff to your heart’s desire!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Let me just say that pita bread is hard to take photos of! Can we agree on that?? But who cares, right? It doesn’t need to be photogenic, it just needs to taste good and I assure you it does!
I tried making keto tortillas and it did not turn out the way I wanted. I wanted something a bit fluffier, but still dense and more like flatbread and/or pita bread.
One of the problems with many keto breads is that they are often eggy. I am happy to report that none of my keto breads, including this pita bread, is eggy AT ALL!
It tastes great right away or warmed up.
Can I Eat Pita Bread on the Keto Diet?
You can eat THIS keto pita bread on the keto diet! Absolutely! Regular pita bread? Nope!
What Can I Eat Instead of Bread?
OH, I have so many options for you! Regular wheat and sugar-filled bread is out of the questions. How about trying some of these:
Well, THIS pita bread recipe of course!
How do I Store Low Carb Pita Bread?
The best way to store keto pita bread is in an airtight container in the fridge. I prefer to use a glass container, personally.
When it comes time to warm up, I have done a few things. First, I will microwave it for about 20 seconds and other times I heat it in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes.
How Long Does Pita Bread Last?
It will safely last for a few days stored properly.
I have had mine for about 4-5 days and they still taste great.
What Can I Eat With The Keto Pita Bread?
Um, ANYTHING! I like to stuff it with stuff! When I meal prep with shredded chicken, I will often also make this low carb pita bread for the week.
Now, the pictures to follow are actual pictures of my breakfast, lunch and/or dinner, so don’t expect anything fancy!
Below is some shredded chicken with my keto lemon cream sauce. My favorite so far!
Next, we have some shredded chicken, mayo, and jalapenos!
Lastly, I use the pita to make breakfast burritos for my eggs and cheese!
More Bread Recipes You Might Like
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, flax, sea salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, boil the water.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs whites and egg.
- Add the eggs to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix with a hand whisk for about 20-30 seconds.
- Add the hot water and whisk for another 30 seconds until well combined
- Heat oil of your choice (just enough to cover pan) in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Take a glob (about 1/4 cup worth) and plop it down in the pan.
- Using a wet spatula, press down and smooth out dough blob into a thin (ish) circle (ish)!
- Cooking time varies, just lift up the edge and if it golden brown, flip with a wet spatula.
- The second side cooks much faster. Usually by 30 seconds.
- Eat warm or cold!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 171mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 1.8g Fiber: 4.2g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4.2g