Spice up your snack or party appetizer with these low carb gluten free mini pepper nachos! Loaded up and ready to eat!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
Click and Save over 50%
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Mini Pepper Nachos
Nachos are lovely. Am I right? But sometimes I just want to change things up a bit! I usually eat nachos made from my crispy keto chips, but I wanted something a bit more light and refreshing.
These mini pepper nachos fit the bill perfectly. Not only do they work perfectly for those eating low carb and keto, but also for gluten free folks!
And the beautiful part is that these mini pepper nachos don't taste like a diet food and even non keto folks love them. Oh, and kids too! Nachos are a great way to sneak in some healthy veggies.
How to Make Mini Pepper Nachos
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray (I like avocado oil spray).
Add ground beef to a medium skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, and brown the meat.
When fully cooked, add water (more if needed) and taco seasoning and mix well until ground beef is coated. If there is excess water, continue cooking until it evaporates.
Place cut bell peppers on the baking sheet making sure the middle of each one is facing up.
Add ground beef evenly to peppers.
Sprinkle cheese onto the ground beef mixture.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the bell peppers are desired tenderness.
Serve topped with optional toppings.
Toppings for Mini Pepper Nachos
Once you've decided what you want for the main part of your nachos, you can get creative with what you want to sprinkle on top! Here are a few of my favorite options:
You can't go wrong with your favorite topping. I only listed a few, but there are countless others that you can throw on top!
How Many Carbs Are in Mini Bell Peppers?
There are about 1-2 net carbs in each mini pepper. Nutrition information varies, but the consensus seems to be in this range. This is pretty minimal compared to the same amount of chips that you might eat with regular nachos!
Are Bell Peppers Keto Friendly?
Mini bell peppers are definitely keto friendly! As we just talked about, they contain about 1-2 net carbs which is a no brainer for a healthy low carb snack!
I am a firm believer that any keto or low carb diet should be filled with lots of healthy veggies and this is a great one to add into the mix!
Can You Make These Ahead of Time?
I wouldn't recommend it. I am a huge fan of meal prep and making things ahead of time, but I don't recommend it with these. The heating up process can scorch the cheese and make things mushy.
Now, if you want to eat them cold, without warming up, then I think you'll be fine as long as you've stored them in the refrigerator.
Other Keto Snacks and Appetizers
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 1 bag baby bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup shredded fiesta blend cheese
Optional Topping Ideas
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced black olives
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray (I like avocado oil spray).
- Add ground beef to a medium skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, and brown the meat. When fully cooked, add water (more if needed) and taco seasoning and mix well until ground beef is coated. If there is excess water, continue cooking until it evaporates.
- Place cut bell peppers on the baking sheet making sure the middle of each one is facing up.
- Add ground beef evenly to peppers.
- Sprinkle cheese onto the ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the bell peppers are desired tenderness.
- Serve topped with optional toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!