Doritos, baby! These 100% Keto-approved baked copycat “Doritos” are going to be a crowd-favorite at soccer games, tailgates, as an afternoon snack, or straight out of a bowl whenever the mood strikes. Get ready for orange-finger goodness!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Copycat “Doritos”
Finding a great chip recipe is so important. That satisfying crunch with every bite, the way they act as an edible spoon for all of my favorite dips… I NEED that in my life!
And these really hit the spot.
I’ve tried cheese-based chips before, but I did not like them. What I really wanted was a cheesy chip that wasn’t totally made of cheese, you know?
Of course, Doritos were the first chips that came to mind. And my friend, trust me, you need to try these.
Are These Keto Copycat “Doritos” Spicy?
Yes! The seasoning in this recipe packs quite a punch, I will tell you.
According to my kiddos, these taste like a combination of cool ranch Doritos and spicy nacho Doritos, in case that helps.
If you’re not a fan of the spice, you can swap out regular paprika instead of Hungarian hot paprika. That will bring the spice level down so you can enjoy these delicious Keto chips!
Do I Need To Use Nutritional Yeast?
If you’ve never heard of Nutritional Yeast before, don’t worry. You’re not alone.
The good news is that once you start cooking with it, you’ll find all kinds of recipes that call for it!
It has an amazing cheesy, nutty flavor and adds amazing taste.
So don’t worry, this isn’t a weird product that will just sit unused in your pantry forever. You will definitely find a use for it!
What Can I Eat With Keto Copycat “Doritos”?
Anything scoopable is fair game.
You can keep it classic and pair Keto Copycat “Doritos” with a recipe like The Best Salsa or One Minute Keto Guacamole. Or get a little crazy and serve these with Step Away From The Carb’s Low Carb Layered Dip.
Or keep it extra simple and enjoy them all on their own!
How To Make Keto Copycat “Doritos”
First, combine the spice ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well, then set aside.
Then, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the almond flour, hemp hearts, egg, 1 teaspoon of the spice mix, nutritional yeast, and sea salt. Blend the ingredients on low until everything is very well mixed, between 15 and 30 seconds.
You will end up with enough dough to fill two baking sheets (more chips, yay!) Spray three sheets of parchment paper with oil spray, and then divide the dough as evenly as you can and set half aside.
Roll the other half of the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper, rolling it as thin as you can.
Remove the top sheet of parchment paper so it unsticks from the dough, then set it back over the dough. Flip everything over, then remove the other piece of parchment paper and set aside.
Using a pizza cutter if you have one and a very sharp knife if you do not, cut the dough into 1 inch (or bigger) squares. Then cut each square diagonally so you end up with triangles.
Set aside, then repeat these steps with the second half of the dough. You can reuse the piece of parchment paper you set aside along with the piece you haven’t used yet.
Once your dough has been cut into triangles, carefully slide each sheet of parchment paper with the dough onto its own baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the dough triangles, then bake for 12-14 minutes.
Once the chips are ready, let them cool and store them in an airtight container.
Other Snack Recipes From The Keto Option That You Might Like
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon HOT Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Mix all ingredients into a small bowl, combine well, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine almond flour, hemp hearts, egg, 1 teaspoon spice mix, nutritional yeast and sea salt in a food processor. Blend on low until well mixed (15-30 seconds).
- The dough is enough to fill 2 baking sheets. Approximately split the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Spray 3 sheets of parchment paper with oil spray.
- Roll 1/2 the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper very thinly.
- Remove top parchment paper (to prevent sticking) and put back on. Flip over and remove the other parchment paper and keep it off.
- Using a sharp knife or (preferably) a pizza cutter, cut dough into 1 inch (or bigger) squares. And then cut a diagonal in the squares so that you end up with triangles. (see video)
- Repeat the steps with the remaining dough and 2 remaining parchment papers (reuse one from the first round).
- Slide both sheets of parchment paper with dough onto their own baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining seasoning over scored dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Natierra, Himalania Fine Grain Himalayan Pink Salt Shaker, 6 Ounce
Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning, Premium
Simply Organic Starter Spice Gift Set
Anthony's Almond Meal/Flour, Natural Unblanched by Anthony's (5lb), Batch Tested Gluten Free
Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds, 18 Ounce
Serving Size:5 chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!