There are plenty of keto sauces and dips but chips are rather lacking.. especially DAIRY-FREE keto crispy chips! Eat them plain or dip them in your favorite sauce!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Crispy Keto Chips
I REALLY wanted to have chips. My kids eat them every day and I just hear crunch, crunch, crunch.
Now, I know that non keto chips aren't the healthiest things on the planet, but we do buy organic and minimal ingredient chips. But still....
Anyway, back to the crunch!
I tried to make chips one other time, but they were cheese based and I did not like them.
When I started searching (can you guess?) Pinterest, most of the recipes were cheese based recipes and I just wanted to make dairy free keto chips.
Chips aren't easy to get right. But when you do - you need to WRITE IT DOWN AND SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD!
What sets these apart from most of the other ones is that they are DAIRY FREE!
These lovely crispy keto chips crunch with every bite. And they are the perfect vessel to shovel some of my lovely one-minute guacamole right into your mouth! Or what about this fresh homemade pico de gallo recipe? Now THAT is what I'm talking about!
My favorite though? Scooping up this delicious keto salsa!
Keto Chips Flavors
Hemp Hearts - You are in for a treat! I've NEVER seen a chip recipe that uses hemp hearts. Not saying they aren't out there, I've just never seen one!
Hemp hearts have a nutty taste and really are the perfect component to a keto chip!
Not only that, though, they are incredibly nutritious and healthy. Let's talk about a few of the many health benefits !
- They are actually a COMPLETE protein! Lots of essential amino acids!
- High in many vitamins (especially B vitamins) and minerals.
- Great for bone health.
- Healthy fat source (go KETO)!
- The ideal ratio of Omega-6 and Omega-3 which is SO important. We consume WAY too many Omega-6 fatty acids in our general diet.
- Great for sleep.
Everything But The Bagel Seasoning - Need I say anything more? This seasoning pretty much makes everything taste better!
How to Make Keto Chips
These lovely crispy chips have only 5 ingredients (WHAT???): almond flour, hemp hearts, egg, salt and Everything But The Bagel seasoning.
There is no elaborate dough making process.
You literally throw it all in the food processor or blender and call it good!
Now, you need to roll the dough out in between 2 pieces of parchment paper. There is a trick here that will make your life SO much easier.
Spray the parchment paper with an oil such as Avocado Oil. It will keep the dough from sticking to the paper.
You'll roll the dough out in 2 different batches. Roll it out rather thin, remove the top layer and transfer to a baking sheet.
Trim the edges so you have a nice rectangle and start cutting your squares. I use a pizza cutter and that seems to work the best.
Sprinkle the top with your topping of choice. I used Everything But The Bagel seasoning on mine.
Then you bake these beauties and enjoy them!
What to Eat Keto Chips With
The options are almost limitless! We've already talked about shoveling these lovelies into your mouth with some One Minute Guacamole.
So many choices, so little time!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine almond flour, hemp hearts, egg and sea salt in a food processor. Blend on low until well mixed (15-30 seconds).
- The dough is enough to fill 2 baking sheets. Approximately split the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Spray 3 sheets of parchment paper with oil spray.
- Roll 1/2 the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper very thinly.
- Remove top parchment paper and slide the bottom paper (with rolled dough) onto a baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife or (preferably) a pizza cutter, cut dough into 1 inch (or bigger) squares.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining dough and 2 remaining parchment papers (reuse one from the first round).
- (Optional) Sprinkle with Everything But The Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Serving size is for 5 chips. Obviously you will probably eat more than that, but I can't presume how many. Therefore, you can calculate it based on how many groups of you eat!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:5 Chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!
Trina Krug is a Holistic Nutritionist, Integrative Health Coach and host of the Carbless Conversations Podcast. With a Master’s Degree in Complementary and Alternative Medicine, her single mission in life is to facilitate self-healing in herself and those around her through awareness, lifestyle shifts and low-carb eating. As a current Doctor of Science student, she continues her studies in functional nutrition.