I’m not sure there are 2 things that go better together than chocolate chips and pumpkin. If you don’t believe me, just test out these Keto Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Keto Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
I made these the other day and they were gone in a matter of hours. Now, I do have a houseful of teens, but still!
So I made another batch when they were at school the next day simply so they would last a bit longer! That ended when they got home from school.
But, seriously, I love making keto treats that my kids love.
I originally set out to make chocolate chip muffins. When I was writing down what I thought the recipe should be and deciding about flours and sweeteners, it just hit me - USE PUMPKIN.
And so I did!
I happen to love pumpkin. If you do as well, make sure to check out my other pumpkins recipes:
What's So Great About Pumpkin
Aside from the AMAZING flavor of pumpkin - what is so great about it?
Well, according to HealthLine, Pumpkins have the following benefits:
1. Incredibly nutritious with high beta carotene
2. High antioxidant content - this can aid in reducing the risk of cancer and chronic disease
3. High in vitamins that can boost immunity - specifically vitamin A and vitamin C
4. Great for eyesight (Vitamin A, Lutein, and Zeaxanthin)
5. Low Calorie AND nutrient dense - could promote weight loss
6. Heart health benefits from Vitamin C and fiber
7. Healthy skin
I mean, do you need any more benefits from that? That is enough to make me eat something that tasted terrible, let along something that tastes as amazing as pumpkin!
RELATED - How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
I tend to not use either of these two alone, although you will find some recipes where I do! When you use them together, they just blend incredibly well and remove any aftertaste that might occur when used alone.
You could also substitute Lakanto Monkfruit if you like that better!
AND, of course, this recipe is loaded with flavors that naturally act as sweeteners. We have both pumpkin AND chocolate chips. These naturally sweeten the flavor of almost any recipe.
Muffin Liners - I like the basic, unbleached muffin liners. Back to basics here!
Muffin Tins - I have tried to NOT use muffin tins and simply fill up the liners. Nope. Epic fail. You need to use the tin!
Mixing Bowls - I love the glass Pyrex mixing bowls!
Silicone Spatula - I do most of my mixing with spatulas. I find that using hand beaters can OVER mix the dough a lot.
There are some recipes that need beaters, but most you can simply use a spatula. This allows you to fold the dough and blend it gently.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 drops lliquid stevia
- 1/2 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with liners
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Add melted butter and pumpkin puree and continue mixing.
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and stevia.
- Add egg mixture to almond flour mixture.
- Finally, add chocolate chips and continue mixing.
- Fill muffin liners about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!
For the step-by-step version of this recipe, check out the How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins Story.