I’m not sure there are 2 things that go better together than chocolate chips and pumpkin. If you don’t believe me, just test out these Chocolate Chip Keto Pumpkin Muffins!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Chocolate Chip Keto Pumpkin Muffins
Are you looking for a delicious treat that is perfect for your keto diet? Look no further than these chocolate chip keto pumpkin muffins! These muffins are packed with flavor and nutrition, making them the perfect snack or dessert for anyone looking to stay healthy while enjoying something sweet.
I made these the other day and they were gone in a matter of hours. Now, I do have a houseful of teens, but still!
So I made another batch when they were at school the next day simply so they would last a bit longer! That ended when they got home from school.
But, seriously, I love making keto treats that my kids love and I also happen to love pumpkin.
What's So Great About Pumpkin
Aside from the AMAZING flavor of pumpkin - what is so great about it? Pumpkin is a powerhouse of nutrition. Rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, pumpkin is a clear winner when it comes to something a little sweet to make a muffin out of.
According to HealthLine, Pumpkins have the following benefits:
- Incredibly nutritious with high beta carotene
- High antioxidant content - this can aid in reducing the risk of cancer and chronic disease
- High in vitamins that can boost immunity - specifically vitamin A and vitamin C
- Great for eyesight (Vitamin A, Lutein, and Zeaxanthin)
- Low Calorie and nutrient dense
- Heart health benefits from Vitamin C and fiber
- Healthy skin
I mean, do you need any more benefits from that? That is enough to make me eat something that tasted terrible, let alone something that tastes as amazing as pumpkin!
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and pumpkin spice.
Add melted butter and pumpkin puree and continue mixing. In a small bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and stevia. Add egg mixture to almond flour mixture.
Finally, add chocolate chips and continue mixing. Fill muffin liners about 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 30 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test. Easy Peasy!
What to Eat with Keto Pumpkin Muffins
Keto pumpkin muffins are delicious on their own, but they pair well with just about anything. For a tasty and satisfying breakfast, consider pairing your muffin with a cup of coffee or tea and some freshly scrambled eggs.
Alternatively, enjoy your muffin as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack or dessert, topped with some homemade keto whipped cream.
How to Store Keto Pumpkin Muffins
The best way to store keto pumpkin muffins is in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Alternatively, you can store them in the freezer for up to three months.
Tips and Tricks
To make the best chocolate chip keto pumpkin muffins, be sure to follow these tips and tricks:
- Use high-quality ingredients, organic when you can
- Add extra spice, such as nutmeg, cinnamon, or allspice, to enhance the pumpkin flavor
- Don't over-mix your batter, as this can lead to tough muffins
- Let your muffins cool completely before storing them to prevent them from becoming soggy
Sweeteners For Keto Pumpkin Muffins
I chose to use my favorite blend of allulose and monk fruit in this delicious keto pumpkin muffin recipe. It is the best keto sugar replacement out there. If you've never heard of Allulose, head on over to the article Is Allulose Keto and read all about it! I use the Besti brand from WholesomeYumFoods which you can find here!
And, of course, this recipe is loaded with flavors that naturally act as sweeteners. We have both pumpkin AND chocolate chips. These naturally sweeten the flavor of almost any recipe.
Kitchen Essentials to Make Keto Pumpkin Muffins
Muffin Liners - I like the basic, unbleached muffin liners. Back to basics here!
Muffin Tins - I have tried to NOT use muffin tins and simply fill up the liners. Nope. Epic fail. You need to use the tin!
Mixing Bowls - I love the glass Pyrex mixing bowls!
Silicone Spatula - I do most of my mixing with spatulas. I find that using hand beaters can over-mix the dough a lot.
There are some recipes that need beaters, but most you can simply use a spatula. This allows you to fold the dough and blend it gently.
Other Keto Pumpkin Recipes You Might Like
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup low carb granular sweetener
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 drops lliquid stevia
- 1/2 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with liners
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Add melted butter and pumpkin puree and continue mixing.
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and stevia.
- Add egg mixture to almond flour mixture.
- Finally, add chocolate chips and continue mixing.
- Fill muffin liners about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!
For the step-by-step version of this recipe, check out the How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins Story.