Whether it is officially pumpkin season or not, you will be delighted by these keto pumpkin pecan bagels. Pumpkin, cinnamon, pecans – oh my!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Keto Pumpkin Pecan Bagels
You are in for a special treat! These keto pumpkin pecan bagels are like nothing else you've ever tasted! Seriously.
I love everything about pumpkin and when fall rolls around everything gets mixed with pumpkin. I mean, I eat pumpkin year round, but I get to really throw it out there in fall!
Pumpkins, pecans, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon - could there be a better flavor combination?
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Pecan Bagels
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir and combine.
Add eggs to cheese mixture and mix well.
Add sweetener, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree. Carefully mix with hands until fully combined.
Fold 2 tablespoons pecans.
You can either make a ball and poke your finger through the center or roll our logs and make a circle. This recipe will make 6 regular sized bagels.
Brush each bagel with a little olive oil and top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of crushed pecans.
Bake for 10-15 minutes. Start checking on them around 10 minutes.
Let cool for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Keto Pumpkin Pecan Bagel Toppings
My all time favorite topping for keto bagels is cream cheese. Now if you want to get fancy, you can sprinkle in some cinnamon with the cream cheese and take it up a notch.
Other toppings can be keto chocolate (yes, it tastes amazing), butter, and jam!
Is Pumpkin Keto Friendly?
Yes, pumpkin is keto friendly. It is a VERY healthy addition to a keto eating plan.
There are about 7.5 net carbs in 1 cup of pumpkin. And let's face it, we will probably never sit down and eat an entire cup of pumpkin all at once.
So not only is it low in carbs, but there are quite a few health benefits that pumpkins offer. According to HealthLine, pumpkins are high in vitamin A and antioxidants which may protect against free radical damage. Additionally, it is high in fiber and nutrient dense which, together, may help with weight loss.
I'll take it!
How to Store Keto Bagels
I would store them in the refrigerator for sure. Throw them in a glass container or ziplock bag and you are good to go!
I find that they are best toasted to warm them up!
Can I Toast Keto Pumpkin Pecan Bagels?
You bet you can! I love toasting keto bagels and keto English muffins. It gives it a fantastic consistency. Bagel style soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
And for some reason, toasting adds a new and delicious flavor. Or maybe it changes it a bit, but either way, it is delightful!
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoon (depends on desired sweetness) low carb granular sweetener
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons crushed pecans, divided
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon low carb granular sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir and combine.
- Add eggs to cheese mixture and mix well.
- Add almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree. Carefully mix with hands until fully combined.
- Fold 2 tablespoons pecans.
- You can either make a ball and poke your finger through the center or roll our logs and make a circle. This recipe will make 6 regular sized bagels.
- Brush each bagel with a little olive oil and top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of crushed pecans.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Start checking on them around 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 14gNet Carbohydrates: 8gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!
For the step-by-step version of this recipe, check out the How to Make Keto Pumpkin Pecan Bagels Story.