This delightful keto blueberry jam is top notch! Complete with cinnamon to really bring out the flavor of the blueberries and give this jam a boost!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Blueberry Jam
Many people think fruits are off limits with keto and low carb. I’m here to tell you that is far from the truth. Especially when we are talking about berries!
Blueberries are a reasonable choice with a low carb eating plan as 1/4 cup has only 4.5 net carbs which is not the end of the world!
You certainly don’t need to stay away from jam simply because you aren’t indulging in sugar any longer. Especially when there is a delightfully tasty keto blueberry jam recipe like this one!
The best part is that you can also use this recipe with other berries and have a little fun.
How to Make Keto Blueberry Jam
Are you ready to make this super simple and super tasty keto jam? Let’s get to it then!
The first thing you’ll want to do is combine the blueberries, water, sweetener and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix them all together really well.
Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until softened through. If you used frozen blueberries, this will end up on the upper range of the time (see notes below).
Place the heated ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Add the chia seeds to the blueberry mixture and pulse a few more times until thoroughly incorporated.
Pour into a mason jar, place the lid on, and chill for at least an hour or longer. I usually do it overnight for the best results.
What to Eat Keto Blueberry Jam On
Well, I mean anything really! But a few of my favorites are:
Keto Bread (toast, then spread!)
What Are Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds are the seeds of a plant from the mint family called the Salvia hispanica. I just learned that this plant is from the mint family, however. You learn something new every day, right?
Benefits of Chia Seeds
According to Healthline, chia seeds have some pretty awesome health benefits.
- High in nutrients (specifically fiber, protein and omega-3s) and relatively low in calories
- High in antioxidants
- The carbs are mostly fiber which makes them able to absorb a large amount of liquid.
- Can aid in weight loss.
- May reduce blood sugars.
That all sounds pretty good, right?
How to Store Keto Blueberry Jam
Mason jars are just fun to use and pretty to store things in.
An added bonus is that you can just shake it up if what you are storing needs a good mixing before using it!
Can I Frozen Blueberries?
Yes, you most certainly can! You can even measure them the same. The cooking time may vary when getting the blueberries soft, but it should add too much time as they defrost over heat quickly.
Other Keto Sauces You Might Like
- Combine all the ingredients except the chia seeds in a bowl. Mix together.
- Pour ingredients into a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until softened through.
- Place the heated ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds to the blueberry mixture and pulse a few more times until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour into a mason jar, place the lid on, and chill for at least an hour or longer. I usually do it overnight for the best results.
- You can remove the cinnamon if you prefer. The cinnamon gives it a blueberry pie flavor. However, if you want a normal blueberry flavor, there’s no problem with removing the cinnamon.
- You can replace the blueberries with other berries such as blackberries, raspberries, gooseberries, etc. Whatever you prefer. Just know that, depending on the sourness of the fruit, you may need to add a bit more sweetener.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ball Quilted Crystal Regular Mouth 8 oz Jelly Mason Jars with Lids and Bands (Set of 2)
- Anthony's Organic Chia Seeds 2.5lbs, Batch Tested Gluten-Free, Non-GMO
- Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon, Certified Organic, Vegan | 2.08 oz | Cinnamomum verum J. Presl
- Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!