Admit it – you LOVE chicken nuggets. It doesn’t matter how old you are, there is something about flavorful, breaded chicken. Keto Chicken Nuggets will not disappoint!
Tonight was a total kid dinner kind of night. We made Keto Chicken Nuggets and Keto Cauliflower tots! Yep – chicken nuggets and “tater” tots.
What could be better??
Perfecting the breading on chicken nuggets is not as easy as it might seem. Lucky for you, I’ve already done it so all you need to do is follow this easy recipe and you’ll end up with the best keto chicken nuggets around!
Now, I’m not just talking perfection when it comes to the taste. These keto chicken nuggets have the perfect ratio of breading to chicken! The breading isn’t overpowering and it isn’t too thick, but it is thick enough to get some good breading flavor in every bite!
See for yourself!
What Should I Eat With Keto Chicken Nuggets
OOH! SO many options!
I know most people think of chicken nuggets as a kid type food and I guess I do too. But let me tell you something, these were so good that I’ll be making them whether my kids are home or not because they were amazing. And the leftovers were amazing too.
So back to what to eat with keto chicken nuggets. How about some cauliflower tots? Or how about some delicious keto mashed cauliflower? Maybe some green beans with bacon? So many choices, so little time!
Are Chicken Nuggets Keto Friendly?
These keto chicken nuggets sure are! Your average McDonald’s chicken nugget is nowhere near keto friendly, however. That is where these come in to play.
No need to go without ever again!
Not only are they keto friendly, but they are kid and family friendly! Family keto meals are so important to me. Not only do my kiddos LOVE these nuggets, but they also love this keto chicken pot pie! Another easy chicken dinner done in no time!
Tips for How to Make Keto Chicken Nuggets
These are pretty easy to make. So let’s go over tips and tricks for how to make the BEST keto chicken nuggets!
First of all, I think frying them in coconut oil gives the best result. You can certainly bake them, but there is just something about frying that gives it that extra bit of flavor.
I like to put my breading in a casserole dish so I have room. But also because I can only fit so many at a time in my frying pan. So, I like to fully bread the next batch and put them all in the pan together. With a casserole-style dish, you can bread them and set them to the side. Easy peasy.
Look at this beautiful chicken nugget!
Now, as you get further into the later batches, your coconut oil will start to get darker. And, therefore, your chicken breading may start to look more dark.
Feel free to refresh your coconut oil halfway through if you’d like. That is totally optional though.
The last tip is to make sure you are not cooking at a temperature that is too high. Medium works well.
If the temperature is too high, the nuggets will burn before they are fully cooked.
If you find that they need additional cooking time, you can always throw them in the oven for 10 minutes or so after you’ve fried them. But if your cooking temperature is appropriate, then it shouldn’t be necessary.
Don’t know how to make Toasted Almond Flour?
Be sure to visit How To Make Toasted Almond Flour to learn how!
Other Kid Friendly Keto Recipes You Might Like
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 1/4 cups toasted almond flour (regular almond flour – just toasted)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (plus more as needed)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 eggs (add more if needed)
- In a small bowl, add eggs and beat them lightly. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, add regular (not toasted) almond flour. Set aside
- In a large bowl, add toasted almond flour, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut chicken tenders into desired length and width for chicken nuggets. Mine were about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- In a large pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. While it is heating up, start breading your nuggets.
- I cooked about 10 at a time and would bread them all and then put them all in the pan at the same time.
- Take a chicken chunk, dip in the almond flour for first coating.
- Then dip in egg.
- Then dip and coat with the toasted almond flour mixture. Set aside until you have enough to fill a pan.
- Add chicken to hot pan. Fry 2-4 minutes per side until COMPLETELY cooked.
- Serve warm!
If you don't know how to toast almond flour – learn more here (super easy): https://trinakrug.com/how-to-make-toasted-almond-flour/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
Stainless Steel Skillet with Glass Cover – 12 Inch – Induction Compatible – 30 x 6.8 cm – Multipurpose Use for Home Kitchen or Restaurant
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Anthony's Almond Meal/Flour, Natural Unblanched by Anthony's (5lb), Batch Tested Gluten Free
Simply Organic Starter Spice Gift Set
Serving Size:4 (ish) nuggets
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 4.25gFiber: 2gSugar: .5gProtein: 41g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!