On a cold evening, what better way to warm up than with this keto taco soup! Who am I kidding – why does it need to be cold? This is a great meal for ANY night!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
Keto Taco Soup
***** 4/12 UPDATED RECIPE *****
So last night I reworked my keto taco soup recipe. There was just something missing. Don’t get me wrong, people loved it – including my family!
But I knew there was something I wanted to add. It took me a few months of just “letting it stew”, then it hit me tonight.
I rushed out and bought the ingredients and went to work.
What were the changes, you might ask?
Well, i was inspired by my very popular Chicken Crock Pot recipe.
First, I added salsa. Yes salsa. I mean, does anyone not love salsa? It’s kind of like guacamole – just generally accepted as awesome!
Next, I added sour cream at the very end. This makes it just a tad bid creamier (just a tad) and blends the flavors.
And let’s not forget the shredded white cheddar! Um… YUM! That made a huge difference!
Lastly, I created my own taco seasoning. It is very similar to my Keto Fajita Seasoning which packs quite the punch!
I don’t know about you, but I love my soups chunky. Meaning, I want more solid food than liquid. This soup is the perfect combination of solid and liquid.
It also packs a little punch with the spices. One thing that really helps the spices be a part of every bite is adding it while browning sausage. It is kind of like searing meat!
Frying Pan – You will need a frying pan in order to brown the sausage!
The sky is the limit with toppings! I chose to put a dollup of sour cream, some shredded white cheddar, and green onions.
Other ideas are crumbled keto chips, more salsa, pretty much anything!
Other Crock Pot Recipes You Might Like
- 2 pounds ground sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 10 oz cans of Rotel
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup keto approved salsa
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add beef broth, cream cheese, rotel, salsa and white cheddar cheese to crock pot. You can turn it on at this point to high.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, chili power, sage, garlic powder, paprika, basil and salt. Combine well. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, brown ground sausage.
- Once fully cooked, add 2 tablespoons of spice mix to ground sausage and mix well.
- Add remaining spice mixture to crock pot.
- Finally, add ground sausage to crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 1-2 hour.
- Stir occasionally to break up cream cheese.
- Once cooking time is done, add sour cream to crock and mix well.
- Serve hot and top with toppings of choice (sour cream, cheese, green onions, etc...)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer Stainless Steel
- Ro Tel Original Tomato Diced Green Chili, 10 Ounce, (Pack Of 4)
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Cumin, 1.5 oz
- Simply Organic Starter Spice Gift Set
- Natierra, Himalania Fine Grain Himalayan Pink Salt Shaker, 6 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 760 Total Fat: 62g Saturated Fat: 25g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 29g Cholesterol: 182mg Sodium: 1713mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 42g