On a cold evening, what better way to warm up than with this keto taco soup! Who am I kidding – why does it need to be cold? This is a great meal for ANY night!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
Click and Save over 50%
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Keto Taco Soup
***** 4/12 UPDATED RECIPE *****
So last night I reworked my keto taco soup recipe. There was just something missing. Don't get me wrong, people loved it - including my family!
But I knew there was something I wanted to add. It took me a few months of just "letting it stew", then it hit me tonight.
I rushed out and bought the ingredients and went to work.
What were the changes, you might ask?
Well, i was inspired by my very popular Chicken Crock Pot recipe.
First, I added salsa. Yes salsa. I mean, does anyone not love salsa? It's kind of like guacamole - just generally accepted as awesome!
Next, I added sour cream at the very end. This makes it just a tad bid creamier (just a tad) and blends the flavors.
And let's not forget the shredded white cheddar! Um... YUM! That made a huge difference!
Lastly, I created my own taco seasoning. It is very similar to my Keto Fajita Seasoning which packs quite the punch!
I don't know about you, but I love my soups chunky. Meaning, I want more solid food than liquid. This soup is the perfect combination of solid and liquid.
It also packs a little punch with the spices. One thing that really helps the spices be a part of every bite is adding it while browning sausage. It is kind of like searing meat!
Frying Pan - You will need a frying pan in order to brown the sausage!
The sky is the limit with toppings! I chose to put a dollup of sour cream, some shredded white cheddar, and green onions.
Other ideas are crumbled keto chips, more salsa, pretty much anything!
Other Crock Pot Recipes You Might Like
- 2 pounds ground sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 10 oz cans of Rotel
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup keto approved salsa
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add beef broth, cream cheese, rotel, salsa and white cheddar cheese to crock pot. You can turn it on at this point to high.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, chili power, sage, garlic powder, paprika, basil and salt. Combine well. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, brown ground sausage.
- Once fully cooked, add 2 tablespoons of spice mix to ground sausage and mix well.
- Add remaining spice mixture to crock pot.
- Finally, add ground sausage to crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 1-2 hour.
- Stir occasionally to break up cream cheese.
- Once cooking time is done, add sour cream to crock and mix well.
- Serve hot and top with toppings of choice (sour cream, cheese, green onions, etc...)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer Stainless Steel
Ro Tel Original Tomato Diced Green Chili, 10 Ounce, (Pack Of 4)
McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Cumin, 1.5 oz
Simply Organic Starter Spice Gift Set
Natierra, Himalania Fine Grain Himalayan Pink Salt Shaker, 6 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 760Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 1713mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 42g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!