This keto key lime pie has all the tang you’d expect from a key lime pie. The crust is a toasted pecan “graham cracker” crust that really brings home the flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Keto Key Lime Pie
Maybe it's just me, but when I even think about key limes, I get that automatic response to sour foods. You know, when you salivate more? Or maybe it is just because I know how good it is!
I actually made this long ago, but it was reserved for my membership. I am releasing it now to EVERYONE!
But this dessert takes the cake. Or.... takes the pie rather.
Not only is the pie filling simply dreamy and creamy, but the crust is next level. Rather than a simple pie crust, I created a keto "graham cracker" and toasted pecan crust specifically for this pie.
I now use that crust for lots of pies, but this was the pie it was created for!
How To Make Keto Key Lime Pie
(printable recipe card with ingredients at the bottom of the post)
Make the keto toasted pecan pie crust according to instructions and set aisde.
Add heavy whipping cream, monkfruit, butter and stevia to a large saucepan and teat to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
Simmer, stirring often, for 25 minutes or until thickened. IT WILL THICKEN! Just be patient and make sure to keep stirring.
Remove from heat and add vanilla, lime juice and lime zest. Mix well.
Pour into cooled pie crust.
Let sit on the counter for 30 minutes to cool.
Then transfer to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to set.
Add heavy whipping cream, monkfruit and vanilla to a small bowl.
Using hand beaters, beat until soft peak form.
Add to prepared pie.
Can I Substitute Regular Limes For the Key Limes?
You definitely can. I can tell you that you may not get some of the key lime flavor that you might be looking for.
BUT, if you are in a jam and you simply NEED this pie today and only have regular limes, then go for it!
Are Key Limes Keto Friendly?
Key limes are most definitely keto friendly. There are about 5 carbs in an entire lime.
Now, you'll use way more than 1 lime, but the serving size is 16 so keep that in mind if you worry about the carbs racking up!
I really love these ceramic pie pans. They are deep and sturdy. AND they look beautiful so you can easily serve this at a party. Just don't leave it there otherwise you may never get it back!
Luckily, you don't need anything exotic for this recipe. Most likely, you already have everything! And if you don't have a pie pan and don't want a fancy one, trust me, it will work in just about ANY pie pan! So don't fret!
What are the Health Benefits of Key Limes?
Not only do they taste amazing, but key limes offer some surprising health benefits :
- As an abundant source of vitamin C, key limes can help slow down aging and even fight infections.
- Key limes can fight certain types of bacteria and even ulcers.
I love researching what certain foods do for our bodies because I think it is always good to be mindful of what goes into our bodies!
Other Keto Pies From The Keto Option
- 2 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup low carb powdered sweetener
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon KEY LIME zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon low carb granular sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make pie crust according to instructions and set aisde.
- Add heavy whipping cream, monkfruit, butter and stevia to a large saucepan.
- Heat to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring often, for 25 minutes or until thickened. IT WILL THICKEN! Just be patient and make sure to keep stirring.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, lime juice, mascarpone and lime zest. Mix well.
- Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Let sit on the counter for 30 minutes to cool.
- Then transfer to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to set.
- Add heavy whipping cream, monkfruit and vanilla to a small bowl.
- Using hand beaters, beat until soft peak form.
- Add to prepared pie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!