This filling greek quinoa salad is a healthy, gluten free side dish to accompany any meal! Or take another scoop and make it a meal!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see full Disclaimer.
Gluten Free Greek Quinoa Salad With Feta
I just love quinoa salads. They are so bright and cherry. Lots of crunch and flavor in every bite.
The great thing about this gluten free greek quinoa salad (aside from the fact that it is gluten free) is that you can also eat it as a meal. I generally make it as a side dish, but scoop a little extra into a bowl and make yourself some lunch!
Side dishes can be a challenge for a lot of people, myself included. Which is one of the reasons I love this greek quinoa salad so much.
It is easy to make and it tastes delicious. It would even be a hit for a potluck or BBQ!
Is Quinoa Gluten Free?
Yes, quinoa is gluten free.
It is, however, susceptible to cross-contact, so be sure to check your labels!
Is Quinoa Healthy?
I say yes, of course. But if you don’t want to take my word for it – then read on.
According to Healthline, ABSOLUTELY!
As you probably know, I generally eat low carb and so quinoa is not something I eat every day. But on my higher carb days, it is definitely in the rotation!
Quinoa is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorus, B1, B2 and B6 – jus to name a few!
Another great bonus (well, two actually) is that it is loaded with fiber and potent antioxidants.
I’ll take it!Can I Use Another Cheese For This Quinoa Salad?
You sure can! I would go with a crumbly type cheese with a lot of flavor. Soft cheese will obviously change all sorts of texture things!
But if you are asking this question – I’m sure you have a type of cheese in mind – so have at it!
What Are Good Toppings for This Gluten Free Salad?
Ooh! The sky is the limit!
My personal favorites are avocados and avocado ranch dressing (just a pinch). I’ve even been known to throw some nuts on there.
How to Store Gluten Free Quinoa Salad
Due to the feta cheese, you will definitely want to keep this quinoa salad cold! So, refrigerate it is!
And, as with most things, an airtight container will certainly help you get that extra mile out of leftovers.
How To Make Gluten Free Greek Quinoa Salad With Feta
To start with, you will want to rinse and drain your quinoa.
Add the quinoa to a medium saucepan. Lightly toast over medium heat. This will also remove excess water and gives the quinoa a slightly nutty flavor.
Add water to the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
Meanwhile, chop the veggies if you haven’t already while the quinoa is cooking.
Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork.
Add peppers and feta cheese to quinoa while hot or let cool first. Either is fine!
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Pour over your quinoa bowl and toss.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You Might Like
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain your quinoa.
- Add quinoa to a medium saucepan. Lightly toast over medium heat. This will also remove excess water and gives the quinoa a slightly nutty flavor.
- Add water to the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, chop the veggies if you haven't already while the quinoa is cooking.
- Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with a fork.
- Add peppers and feta cheese to quinoa while hot or let cool first. Either is fine!
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over your quinoa bowl and toss.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 14gNet Carbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g