A rich, delightful keto chocolate pie with a full flavored chocolate cookie crust. All you could ever want in a simple keto pie. Share it. Eat it. Make it over and over!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Chocolate Pie
This is the kind of pie that you want to share. But then you contemplate hiding in a close with a fork and considering not telling anyone you made a pie.
It is the kind of pie that you want to enter a contest with.
It is the kind of pie that you make over and over again.
There are many types of low carb chocolate pies, but this one has one thing the others don’t – a delicious, crunchy, chocolate crust with a hint of…… coffee!
Yes, coffee! Now, if you don’t like coffee (like me) don’t worry, it is subtle and pleasant.
I originally made this pie last year and it had a peanut butter drizzle on top. While that was delicious, I wanted to remake it slightly and remove the peanut butter drizzle from the recipe itself. You are more than welcome to add it back, however.
I was making this pie and I was saving a big scoop in the bowl in case there were any spots on the pie that needed a little more to make it even. So as I’m spreading the filling into the pie crust, my husband walks into the room. He quietly stands next to me as I’m manipulating the filling onto the crust. I turn to get my last scoop of filling and see that he has eaten it all. He thought it was extra. Sigh… But, hey, he loved it and that made me happy.
Keto Chocolate Pie Sweetener Choice
I chose to use a brown low carb sweetener to give it a slightly different flavor than regular sweetener. Not only that, I decided to make it powdered to make sure there was no grittiness in the pie.
Lakanto and Swerve both make a brown granular sweetener.
If you don’t know how to make powdered sweetener, it is super simple. You can buy it, or make it like I do! Check out How to Make Powdered Sweetener.
What is Chocolate Pie Made Of?
There are many different variations of chocolate pie and then even more variations of keto and low carb chocolate pies.
This keto chocolate pie is made from a homemade Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust to start with. The chocolate filling is a hearty mixture of mainly cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener and heavy whipping cream. A few more ingredients to put the finishing touches. But those are the primary ones.
Do You Refrigerate Chocolate Pie?
Yes, you most certainly do! This pie will last longer if refrigerated. It will keep nicely for 3-4 days if kept cold, in an airtight container!
It tastes the best cold as well!
How to Make a Delicious Keto Chocolate Pie
The first thing you need to do is prepare the pie crust. Please refer to the Keto Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust for SIMPLE instructions. Set aside and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine room temperature cream cheese, butter, sour cream, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1/2 cup powdered brown sweetener and cocoa powder. Mix well.
Blend with hand mixer until fluffy and well mixed. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together heavy whipping cream, 2 teaspoons brown sweetener, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon almond extract and 8 drops liquid stevia.
Beat on high with a hand mixer until peaks form.
Fold whipping cream into chocolate mixture 1/3 at a time. Expect to get a good forearm workout – but stick with it!
Add to pie crust and set aside!
Now it is time to consider toppings!
You can drizzle low sugar peanut butter on it.
You can top with cacao nibs (YUM)!
You can make some keto homemade whipped cream and have a little fun!
OR just leave this beautiful pie plain.
Other Keto Pies From The Keto Option You Might Like
- 1 Keto Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese (room temperature is best)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract , divided
- ½ cup + 2 teaspoons powdered brown sweetener (I use Lakanto Golden monk fruit) , divided
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- melted low carb peanut butter drizzled on
- homemade whipped cream (1/2 batch)
- Prepare pie crust as instructed and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine room temperature cream cheese, butter, sour cream, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1/2 cup powdered brown sweetener and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Blend with hand mixer until fluffy and well mixed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together heavy whipping cream, 2 teaspoons brown sweetener, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon almond extract and 8 drops liquid stevia.
- Beat on high with a hand mixer until peaks form.
- Fold whipping cream into chocolate mixture 1/3 at a time. Expect to get a good forearm workout - but stick with it!
- Add to pie crust and set aside.
- Drizzle peanut butter OR
- Top with thin layer of whipped cream OR
- leave it alone!
Putting it all together
- Refrigerate pie for at least an hour before serving so it can set properly!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Emile Henry Made In France HR Modern Classics Pie Dish, 9", Red
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 1:1 Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (Golden - 1 Pound)
- Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic
- Frontier Almond Extract Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Bottle
- Organic Cocoa Powder (2 pounds) by Anthony's, Batch Tested and Verified Gluten-Free & Non-GMO
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 4.5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!