Enjoy the many health benefits of matcha with these delicious Key Lime Matcha Bars complete with a keto “Graham cracker” and toasted pecan crust!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Key Lime Matcha Bars
Have you ever had keto matcha? I mean, it’s been around for a long time but I only just recently gave it a shot.
I kinda feel like I did a few years ago when someone was talking about Tony Robbin and I said “Who?”!!!
Ok, but back to keto matcha! WOW! I have to say that I am not a tea or latte kind of person and keto matcha is da bomb!
One of the things I like about it is that the flavor is subtle. AND it is this cool lime green color!
Benefits of Matcha
Are you ready for this? According to Healthline, Matcha has the following AMAZING benefits:
- It is super high in antioxidants. Free radicals BE GONE!
- Studies show that matcha helps protect the liver and I think we all know that our liver could use a little help.
- Matcha may boost brain function – YES PLEASE! My attention span and memory could certainly use a helping hand.
- Some studies have also shown that matcha may help prevent cancer.
- What about the heart? Yep – matcha may protect against heart disease as well.
- WEIGHT LOSS!! Matcha has been shown to speed up metabolism. I know mine could use a boost as I get older!
- Lastly – matcha is EASY TO MAKE!
Does Matcha Powder Have Carbs?
I use Keto Farms Matcha and has 3g carbs (2g net) per serving. Drinking that all in one sitting is fine and what’s even better is splitting that up into 16 servings in this key lime matcha bars recipe!
Is Matcha Keto?
It sure is! Like I said, it only has 2g net carbs per serving which is completely keto friendly!
If you don’t know how to make toasted almond flour or powdered sweeteners, check out the following resources:
Other Citrus Recipes You Might Enjoy
- 1 3/4 cup toasted almond flour
- 1 cup pecan halves, crushed and toasted (measured before crushing)
- 6 tablespoons powdered keto sweetener (I use Lakanto monkfruit)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 2 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup powdered keto sweetener (I use Lakanto monkfruit)
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup lime or key lime juice (you can use either one here because freshly squeezed key limes take FOREVER)
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest (use key limes specifically if you can)
- 1 packet of Keto Farms Matcha
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and combine with a spatula. Just keep folding and mixing until it is all combined!
- Add crust to an 8x8 dish and press down until evenly distributed across the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
- Add heavy whipping cream, powdered sweetener, butter and stevia to a large sauce pan.
- Heat to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until thickened.
- Add keto matcha and momentarily turn the heat up to medium-high. Stir vigorously to avoid it boiling too hard. This will dissolve the matcha. You need the heat and the continuous stirring. Do this for about 2 minutes until most of the matcha is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and lime zest. Stir well.
- Add lime mixture to the dish with crust.
- Set aside to start cooling down. After about an hour, cover and transfer to the fridge for at least 6 hours to set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Keto Matcha
- Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
- Anthony's Almond Meal/Flour, Natural Unblanched by Anthony's (5lb), Batch Tested Gluten Free
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Pyrex SYNCHKG089152 Get Dinner Away Large Handle 8" x 8" Square Dish. Making it Easy to Monitor Casserole Cooking and Brownie Baking from a, 4 Red 8"
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 31.5gSaturated Fat: 17.5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 2.5gNet Carbohydrates: 1.5gFiber: 1gSugar: .5gProtein: 1.5g