What better way to enjoy the massive benefits of Collagen than to make these Keto Cinnamon Collagen Muffins? Delicious muffins with a creamy cream cheese frosting. What are you waiting for?
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Cinnamon Collagen Muffins
***** 3/31 UPDATED RECIPE ******
I set out to make a cinnamon collagen muffin.
Cooking with collagen is tough. It does not hold together as well as when regular protein is used. So there is a trade-off often.
Collagen baked goods will often be more fragile, but the tradeoff is that it offers a huge array of health benefits. So, I’ll take a slightly crumbly muffin to get those benefits.
AND the taste is amazing!
When I tested the flavor, I immediately craved a cream cheese frosting. So I created my own Keto Cream Cheese Frosting and they go beautifully together!
Muffins are just one of those foods that you can eat ANY TIME! Especially these keto collagen muffins! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, AND dessert! For another muffin that you won’t be able to stop eating, take a look at these keto raspberry muffins!
Benefits of Collagen
Collagen is great for a variety of reasons. It essentially is what holds your body together. Cool, right?
It also helps your hair, skin and nails be healthy and vibrant.
For me personally, I like it due to the skin and hair factor. Keto is dehydrating and my skin ends up dry at times.
Also, some people find that hair loss can be an issue with keto, so I like it due to the extra hair benefits. AND I happen to have Hashimoto’s so I deal with MORE hair loss.
I do Intermittent Fasting daily. At the end of my fast each (late) morning, I make a Keto Almond Butter Smoothie made from keto collagen, almond butter and almond milk. It fills me up until the afternoon when I have my breakfast/lunch. I like to have liquid first and then solid foods later in the day.
Perfect Keto is the brand I use.
RELATED – How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
Hand Beater – A simple hand beater to mix the frosting will do just fine!
Muffin Tins – I really like the silicone ones as they are so much easier to clean.
Muffin Liners – Unbleached muffin liners is the way to go! Minimize the chemicals.
Mixing Bowls – I like this set because it comes with the perfect sizes!
As I noted above, cooking with collagen comes with its challenges and benefits. These will be more fragile than your regular muffin so just eat it prepared in case a piece falls off!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops Perfect Keto Vanilla Collagen Powder
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, collagen, cinnamon, baking powder and erythritol. Mix well.
- Add beaten egg and combine. It is ok if it is not totally mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine almond butter and butter.
- Add butter mixture to almond flour mixture.
- Using a spatula, mix well.
- Fill muffin liners about 1/2 way full.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.
- Meanwhile, add all ingredients for frosting in a medium bowl.
- Beat with a hand beater until well combined.
- Once cooled, frost muffins! Be careful frosting because these are fragile!
- Cut the corner off a ziplock back, fill with frosting and the squeeze out the hole. You can make designs and it won't ruin the muffins!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 28.35gSaturated Fat: 10.52gSodium: 86.53mgCarbohydrates: 5.76gFiber: 2.86gSugar: 1.37gProtein: 6.49g