Get ready to make the most beautiful and tasty Keto Red Velvet Cake ever! WOW your family and friends with this designer dessert that is SO simple!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Keto Red Velvet Cake
First of all, let me say that I am NOT a froster. Never have been. Never will be.
I try, but it is just not a skill I possess.
The good thing is that it doesn’t affect the taste of the cake! WOOHOO!!
The other day, I was asked to make a keto red velvet cake. Now that sounded interesting!
I wasn’t planning on baking today but I wanted to see what I could come up with.
I decided to use a bundt pan because I think they are pretty. And I happen to think red velvet cakes are fancy so it was a logical choice. I mean, just look at how beautiful the base cake turned out (let’s not look at my frosting job yet).
Beautiful, right? RIght! And then I have to go and ruin it with the frosting! ACK!
It’s all good – we all have our gifts! Mine is baking, not frosting!
Does anyone want to host a cake decorating class for me? I digress!
Alright, back to this amazing keto red velvet cake!
RELATED – How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
Hand Beaters – Nothing fancy needed here. Just a regular hand beater!
Mixing Bowls – This is my favorite set!
Red Velvet cake is kind of all over the place.
I mean, is it a chocolate cake? Not really. But it certainly isn’t vanilla. And the red is “fake”. So…..
Whatever it is – it is AMAZING! I used unsweetened cocoa powder and cream cheese as my special, subtle flavors and I think they blend really well with the cream cheese frosting!
Speaking of chocolate, if you are a chocolate fan and a cake fan (which of course you are), be sure to check out mouth-watering keto German chocolate cake!
So many people think they have to give up their favorite cakes when they participate in a keto or low carb lifestyle!
I’m here to tell you that is absolutely not true!
Don’t believe me? Let’s take Carrot Cake for example. This Low Carb Carrot Cake is the perfect example of how you can still enjoy the best of the best cakes! Worried about carrots? Don’t be! High carb vegetables can still be consumed in moderation!
Another cake that will make you forget you are keto is the Almond Maple Glaze Cake.
Go forth and enjoy your cake, my keto friends!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Red Velvet Cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- red coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare bundt pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, erythritol, coconut flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Beat with a hand beater until well combined.
- Add eggs mixture to flour mixture and optional red coloring.
- Continue beating for 30 seconds.
- Add batter to bundt pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Immediately upon removal, lightly shake pan to separate cake from pan.
- Flip onto cooling rack, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix frosting ingredients with clean hand beater.
- When the cake is cooled, frost any way you wish!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Kirkland Signature Almond Flour Blanched California Superfine, 3 Pounds
NOW Foods Erythritol Natural Sweetener, 1 pound
Natierra, Himalania Fine Grain Himalayan Pink Salt Shaker, 6 Ounce
Organic Cocoa Powder (2 pounds) by Anthony's, Batch Tested and Verified Gluten-Free & Non-GMO
Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic
2 Packs of Trader Joe's Organic Liquid Stevia
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183.79Total Fat: 17.75gSaturated Fat: 8.65gSodium: 124.61mgCarbohydrates: 3.25gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 0.98gProtein: 3.98g