Ah… Risotto. Did you think you could never have it again on keto? Think again! This delightful and creamy keto risotto will keep you coming back for more! You’ll never know there’s cauliflower in there!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Creamy Keto Risotto
I don’t know about you, but risotto has been something I’ve been missing for a while and used to absolutely love! So, I set out to make the best creamy keto risotto on the planet.
There are so many wonderful dishes that you can make with cauliflower rice and so many not so wonderful dishes. I’ve had plenty of both!
I buy a giant bag of frozen, organic pre-made cauliflower rice from Costco. It saves a TON of time (and money).
OTHER KETO BUDGET TIPS – Keto on a budget
Lemon – I didn’t want this to be just ANY risotto, I wanted a hint of lemon. Just a hint though. The hubs and I created an AMAZING all-purpose lemon cream sauce that we used as a base for this (and so many other things since).
You can make the sauce ahead of time or make it all together. We made it all together and doubled the batch so we could have leftovers to enjoy.
You are in luck that not much is needed for this recipe.
Frying pan – You’ll need a nice hearty frying pan or two! We used 2 since we cooked the sauce in one and then the cauliflower rice in another. If you make it ahead of time, you’ll only need one!
What I love about this recipe is that on those nights when you are just tired of having some variation fo meat and veggies for dinner, you can throw this in there as a side dish.
You’ll be getting a hefty dose of veggies, yet you can let your mind wander and pretend you are eating real risotto.
I mean, I don’t crave real risotto anymore, but recipes like this make me happy as I do miss the flavor and texture. But not anymore!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mixed shredded cheese (if you can't find it, choose a few and do equal parts. Choose from Parmesan, Romano, Provolone, and Asiago)
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 3 cup cauliflower rice
- Add heavy whipping cream, cheese and lemon pepper to medium sauce pan.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. No need to rush or burn it!
- Meanwhile, get cauliflower rice ready.
- When there is about 10 minutes remaining on the sauce, add cauliflower rice to a SEPARATE pan and saute for 10 minutes dry, stirring often
- When both are done, combine and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229.93Total Fat: 21.5gSaturated Fat: 13.11gSodium: 128.23mgCarbohydrates: 5.24gFiber: 1.53gSugar: 2.57gProtein: 5.68g