Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Spicy Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice
I think across the board we get sick of cauliflower and broccoli. Those seem to be the “go to” veggies or ingredients in a keto side dish. I don’t think that is going to stop any time soon so it is up to us recipe creators to put a new, fresh spin on it. So, hold on to your hat for this amazing Spicy Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice deliciousness!
I made cheesy broccoli yellow rice for my kiddos as their side dish and then simply altered it to fit my needs and substituted cauliflower rice for the yellow rice.
RELATED – How to eat keto when your family doesn’t
If there is ever a spice I could recommend to keto folks, it would be this Stubs BBQ Rub. No carbs, certified gluten-free and a flavor that goes good on literally everything. I use it on meat and veggies equally.
And, of course, there is the cheese!
**UPDATE** I’ve made this several times now and I alternate between regular shredded cheddar cheese and white cheddar cheese. Both are yummy and I can’t figure out which one I like more!
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Stub's BBQ spice
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or white cheddar), shredded
- Add cauliflower rice and spice to medium pot.
- Cook on medium-low heat, stirring often for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli until tender.
- Chop broccoli into smaller chunks if needed.
- Add broccoli and cheese to cauliflower pot.
- Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 144mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 6g