Deviled eggs are a favorite, right? But what about keto deviled eggs that have 2 secret ingredients that will make you want more? Yes, please!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Spicy Deviled Eggs
I’ve been sick this past week and not eating very well. You’d think I would eat BETTER when sick, but undoubtedly, I don’t.
My body was CRAVING protein and craving eggs, oddly enough.
I didn’t want to just make boring scrambled eggs AND I had some mascarpone cheese that I’ve been wanting to experiment with.
So, put these both together and BOOM – you have my rendition of keto deviled eggs. Only THESE ones are spicy due to another secret ingredient that I added!
They hit the spot. Nailed it!
Can You Eat Mayonnaise on the Keto Diet?
Yes, you absolutely can! REAL Mayonnaise is naturally low carb. If you get into the vegan mayo or other variations, the carb count tends to start to rise.
But, traditional mayonnaise is around .1g of carbs per 1 Tablespoon. Perfect!
How Long Will Deviled Eggs Last?
I will keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for not more than 2 days. They might last longer, but 2 days is my limit.
RELATED – How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
How to Make Deviled Eggs
We all hard boil our eggs differently, right? I’ve tried many ways and have found the way that works the best. I have not tried my Instant Pot, but that is next!
You put the eggs in a saucepan and fill with water so that it is about 1 inch over the top of the eggs.
Bring to a boil and THEN start your timer for 9 minutes.
Slowly temper the water to get it cooler and then remove eggs and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
Peel under cool water.
BOOM! You will have perfect hard boiled eggs. See below!
If you don’t believe that they are PERFECT, just check out the inside of this one. A beautiful, bright yellow. No gray.
Alright, so you slice all the peeled eggs long-wise and pop out the yolks into a small bowl.
I find they come out pretty easy if you pinch them slightly. It will separate the yolks in at least one spot and then slip a spoon in there and it should pop out whole!
Once the yolks are all in the bowl, add the remaining ingredients.
I use a fork to smash and cut through them and then I switch to a spoon to mash. I know this is old school, but it is the best way.
Finally, you can scoop them back into the egg white shells or pipe them back in as I did.
Then sprinkle with paprika and you are DONE!
The Secret Ingredients
My secret ingredients are mascarpone cheese and sriracha! Oh yeah! You will never go back to your regular way of making deviled eggs again!
When to Serve Deviled Eggs
I’ve eaten these as a dinner, snack and as an appetizer! They are so versatile and work in just about any situation. Another delicious finger food that works for just about any eating occasion are these bacon jalapeno poppers! I think I could sit down with a few of those and a few of these keto deviled eggs and call it good!
Let’s get to the recipe!
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- sprinkle of paprika
- Place eggs in medium saucepan.
- Fill with cool water so the water goes about 1 inch above the top of the eggs.
- Bring to a boil. Set the timer to 9 minutes once they being to boil.
- Once they are boiled, add cool water in with the hot water to begin cooling the eggs down.
- Pour out the hot water slowly as you are adding cool water until water is fully cold.
- Remove eggs and set aside.
- Wait about 5 minutes before peeling.
- Peel eggs under cool water as it helps the peel come off cleanly.
- Slice the eggs long-wise and remove yolk, setting them in a small bowl.
- Once all the yolks are removed and into the bowl, add mayonnaise, cheese and sriracha. Using a fork and a spoon, slice and mash until the yolks are smooth and fully mixed.
- Add yolks back into the egg white shells.
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Eat right away or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Serving Size:2 egg halves
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!