Tired of eggs for breakfast? Need a quick and yummy snack? Check out these delightful keto lemon poppy seed muffins. The perfect blend of flavors!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
****** 4/14 Updated Recipe *******
Remaking my Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin has been on my to do list for quite a while.
The last one was a bit too “lemony”! I mean, they are lemon muffins, but still….. A little lemon goes a long way!
So, off I went to refactor the recipe to take it from an 8 to a 10! And that I did!
RELATED – The Complete Keto Diet Review
Sometimes, eggs just get boring for breakfast! I like to throw in muffins, coffee cakes and other fun breakfast loaves! Check out this Blueberry crumb loaf! A great way to switch up your breakfast and get in some berries too! Between that and these keto lemon poppy seed muffins – you may not ever go back to eggs!
How many carbs in a keto lemon poppy seed muffin?
That all depends on the recipe! For these keto muffins, there is only 1 net carb per muffin! Crazy, right? I’ll take 3!
How long do keto lemon poppy seed muffins last?
I don’t keep these on my counter longer than a day or two. If they haven’t been eaten by then (rare), I move them to the fridge!
Lemon – As I already said above, I tamed the lemon flavor a bit in this recipe. It has the perfect lemon flavor without causing your cheeks to pucker or your eyes to water! Which sometimes can be fun and other times not! And if you absolutely love lemon treats, be sure to look at this lovely lemon keto pound cake!
Poppy Seed – I don’t eat poppy seeds very often. But when I do, I like to eat them with a lemon flavor.
I feel like that should be a meme!
Anyway, poppy seeds do not have a strong flavor, which I like and are a source of calcium and magnesium!
I chose to use erythritol for this recipe along with a few drops of liquid stevia.
Some people find keto sweeteners have an aftertaste. I find this to be true sometimes and other times not. I like to use erythritol along with liquid stevia as they both compliment each other and remove any possible after taste!
Lemon Zester and Juicer – I like a tool that will do both! This recipe is extra special when you use fresh lemon juice.
And, if you are going to have to zest a lemon, you might as well you the juice too!
Hand Beaters – Most the mixing can be done with a spatula but I like to end with hand beater.
Muffin Tins – You will definitely need muffin tins. Trust me, I’ve tried filling muffin liners with the holder and it simply does not work!
Muffin Liners – These make clean up so much easier!
Other Muffins You Might Like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder and poppy seeds to a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add melted butter and continue mixing.
- Finally, add heavy cream, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and liquid stevia.
- Using hand beaters, blend for 10-15 seconds. Don't over blend.
- Add batter equally to muffin tins.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Simply Organic Poppy Seed Whole Certified Organic, 3.81-Ounce Container
- Kirkland Signature Almond Flour Blanched California Superfine, 3 Pounds
- NOW Foods Erythritol Natural Sweetener, 1 pound
- Cuisinart HM-50 Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer, White
- If You Care Unbleached Large Baking Cups, 60 ct, 3 pk
- 4 in 1 Citrus Tool - Lemon Zester, Channel Knife, Citrus Reamer, Grater - Seed Catcher to Avoid Mess - Soft-Touch Grip - Compact for Easy Storage - Dishwasher Safe - by KITCHENDAO
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 111mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 3g