This amazingly moist and lemony keto lemon loaf is the perfect morning treat, night treat or anytime treat!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Keto Lemon Loaf
Have you ever had a Starbuck’s Lemon Loaf? Maybe in your pre-keto days perhaps?
Well, if you haven’t, let me just save you missed out on an amazing tasting treat. You also missed out on a TON of sugar and a TON of carbs, so… GO YOU!
I’ve been stuck in my house for a week and just wanted to make something that would put a smile on my face. And let me tell you, this most certainly did!
Don’t have a fresh lemon? No worries, keep on reading for a great substitute!
How to Make Keto Lemon Loaf
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sweetener, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
Add melted butter and melted coconut oil and continue mixing.
It will resemble a crumble. The resaon we want to put the hot and melted ingredients into the dry ingredients first is to temper it a bit so it doesn’t cook the eggs.
Once it mixes with the flour, the temperature will cool down enough so that it won’t affect the eggs.
In a medium bowl combine the eggs, lemon rind, maple syrup, almond extract and vanilla extract. Beat with a fork until well combined.
Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.
Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top.
TIP: get a spatula just a tiny bit wet and use that to smooth the top!
Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool for 1 hour in the pan.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add sweetener, heavy whipping cream and lemon extract to a small bowl and mix well.
Pour glaze over lemon loaf and let harden. The glaze will be very thick by design which will give it a nice coating. Pour slowly and it will stay on top. I took just a smidge more and lightly coated the sides too, but that is optional.
Are Lemons Keto Friendly?
They certainly are! And even if they weren’t technically keto friendly, this recipe only uses some lemon rinds and so it’s no big deal!
BUT, don’t shy away from lemons as they are are a great addition to a keto diet.
What if I Don’t Have Lemons?
Don’t have lemons? No problem! You can use lemon flavoring instead of lemon rings in the loaf.
1 teaspoon of lemon flavoring should work just fine. If you like it more lemony then add 2 teaspoons!
Nothing too fancy for this gluten free lemon loaf recipe!
If you don’t have lemon extract, you can get it here!
Other than that – just your everyday kitchen things!
How to Store Keto Lemon Loaf
This low carb lemon loaf is best stored in a refrigerator in an airtight container. It would be best to use a glass container with a lid that doesn’t touch the top of the loaf.
The frosting will firm up pretty quickly so it won’t be drippy at all!
Other Lemon Keto Desserts From The Keto Option
- 3 cups homemade keto flour (click for easy recipe)
- 1/4 cup sweetener (I use Lakanto)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup (I use Lakanto maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sweetener, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add melted butter and melted coconut oil and continue mixing. It will resemble a crumble.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, lemon rind, maple syrup, almond extract and vanilla extract. Beat with a fork until well combined.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 1 hour in the pan.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add sweetener, heavy whipping cream and lemon extract to a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour glaze over lemon loaf and let harden.
- Serve cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Frontier Almond Extract Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Bottle
Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic
Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup, 1 Net Carb (Maple Syrup, 13 oz) 384ml
Nature's Way Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil- Pure, Cold-pressed, Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-free- 32 Ounce
Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda, 16 Ounce (Stand up Pouch)
Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 2:1 Powdered Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (1 lb)
Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
Frontier Co-op Lemon Flavor Organic, Non-Alcoholic, 2 ounce bottle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 17.75gSaturated Fat: 11gUnsaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 7gSugar: .5gProtein: 4g