Sugar cookies are delicious by themselves! But Lemon Sugar Cookies? YES PLEASE! Subtle lemon flavor paired with a sweet sugar free cookie!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Lemon Sugar Cookies
I love lemon cookies and pretty much any lemon dessert. I do have a keto sweet tooth for cookies, however.
I had just made keto key lime sugar cookies a few weeks ago and my kids begged me to make a similar cookie, but using lemon.
I said sure! I mean, I am a lemon lover as well.
I knew that the recipe would be similar and not too hard to make. And since my key lime cookies were such a bit, I knew these would be too!
What Do I Love About These Lemon Cookies?
Honestly, they are soft and chewy which are my favorite kind of cookie. Some people love crunch, I love chewy.
Not only are they soft, but they have this slight sweet taste that pairs perfectly with the lemon.
Are lemons Keto?
They most certainly are!
An entire lemon is about 5g carbs and that is the WHOLE lemon!
Benefits of Lemon
First and foremost, lemons are a great source of Vitamin C, which can be great for heart health.
Lemons are also known to help prevent against kidney stones and anemia. I’ve been lucky enough to never have a kidney stone (my husband…. not so much), but I have had issues with anemia.
Lastly, lemons are also thought to improve digestive health and I think we could all use a bit of that!
How to Store Keto Sugar Cookies
You may not even need to store these cookies because they will get devoured!
BUT, in case you do need to store them, put them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge.
How Long Do Sugar Free Lemon Cookies Last?
Properly stored, these delicious lemon cookies should last for at least 3-4 days. They didn’t “last” that long for me because they were eaten in 2 days!
How to Make Low Carb Lemon Cookies the Perfect Size
There is a trick here! You want to roll small, 1 inch balls and start baking them.
After about 5 minutes, you very lightly press down on each ball.
This will give it the traditional cracked appearance and also shape it into the perfect cookie!
Other Cookies You Might Like
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup keto sweetener (I use Lakanto monkfruit)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened but still cool
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- pinch of monkfruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with your favorite oil (I use coconut oil).
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, monkfruit, baking powder, salt and butter. Beat the mixture until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until nicely mixed.
- If the dough is too sticky, you can refrigerate it for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll smaller 1-1.5 inch balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes.
- After about 5 minutes of baking, slightly press balls down to make the tops flat and continue baking. You can do this before baking if you want, but I like to do it partially through.
Paint melted butter over tops of cookies and sprinkle monkfruit on top!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32 Total Fat: 3.5g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 25mg Carbohydrates: .5g Net Carbohydrates: .5g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: .5g