This full flavored keto dan dan noodles recipe will satisfy the entire household! Easy to make and full of rich flavors and spice!
Keto Dan Dan Noodles
There are certain meals that I dreaded not being able to eat again when I decided to follow the keto lifestyle. Dan Dan Noodles was one of those meals. It was a while before I figured out the best way to make them keto style. And now you get to enjoy that discovery process!
These keto dan dan noodles are so absolutely delicious that you would literally not know that they are keto.
What Are Dan Dan Noodles Made Of?
For the keto version, the base is miracle noodles. You might be wondering just what miracles noodles are. Miracle noodes are Shirataki noodles and you can find them here on Amazon.
I actually really love them because they are so versatile and can be used to replace so many different kinds of traditional noodles. They key is to rinse them really well.
Shirataki noodles take on the flavor of what you are cooking them with. There are different kinds as well and you can even find them pre-marinated like these ones.
If you’ve never tried them, give them a shot and let me know what you think!
Should Keto Dan Dan Noodles be Served Hot or Cold?
Keto Dan Dan Noodles should definitely be served hot! Although I’m sure they would still taste yummy cold for leftovers, I would definitely suggest serving them hot. Having said that, if you are like my husband who simply takes things out of the fridge and eats them directly from the container cold, then have at it!
How to Store Keto Dan Dan Noodles
Dan Dan Noodles are really great for leftovers. Simply put them in an airtight container and store in the fridge. They will stay fresh for at least 3-4 days to enjoy!
These noodles heat up well in the microwave as well!
Are Dan Dan Noodles Gluten Free?
The noodles used in this keto Dan Dan Noodle recipe are most definitely gluten free. As mentioned, they are Shirataki noodles and are absolutely gluten free!
You can play around with different kinds of keto noodles, but I would definitely use one that is gluten free. I am not a fan of gluten so there is no point to start here!
How to Make Keto Dan Dan Noodles
In a bowl, add peanut butter, soy sauce, minced garlic, the olive oil with red pepper flakes, sweetener and chicken broth. Mix well.
Place the ground chicken and sesame oil in a skillet. Heat over medium high heat, and saute until mostly browned.
Add minced garlic, soy sauce, ginger paste, rice vinegar and pepper to the ground chicken and mix well.
Put the bok choy into the skillet and continue to saute until the meat is completely browned and the bok choy has wilted.
Add the miracle noodles and peanut butter sauce to the skillet. Mix well and saute until thickened.
Garnish with green onions and chopped peanuts before serving.
Other Keto Dinners You Might Enjoy
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 package of Miracle noodles rinsed and drained well
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon "No soy" sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped bok choy greens
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons "No Soy" sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil with red pepper flakes to taste added to it
- 2 teaspoons low carb granulated sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- In a bowl, add peanut butter, soy sauce, minced garlic, the olive oil with red pepper flakes, sweetener and chicken broth. Mix well.
- Place the ground chicken and sesame oil in a skillet. Heat over medium high heat, and saute until mostly browned.
- Add minced garlic, soy sauce, ginger paste, rice vinegar and pepper to the ground chicken and mix well.
- Put the bok choy into the skillet and continue to saute until the meat is completely browned and the bok choy has wilted.
- Add the miracle noodles and peanut butter sauce to the skillet. Mix well and saute until thickened.
- Garnish with green onions and chopped peanuts before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Swerve Sweetener, Granular, 12 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Adams Natural Creamy Peanut Butter - 16 oz (2 Pack)
365 Everyday Value, Organic Sesame Seed Oil, 8.4 fl oz
Rani Ginger Cooking Paste 10.58oz (300g) ~ Vegan | Glass Jar | Gluten Free | NON-GMO | No Colors | Indian Origin
Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos - 8 fl oz - Low Sodium Soy Sauce Alternative
Miracle Noodle Fettuccini & Angel Hair Pasta Variety Pack - Plant Based Shirataki Noodles, Keto, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Paleo, Kosher, Zero Calories, Soy Free, Non-GMO - 7 oz (Pack of 6)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 887mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 35g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!