This homemade Keto Chicken Noodle Casserole is so cheesy and comforting! Bursting with flavors, it is perfect for all occasions.
Keto Chicken Noodle Casserole
There is just something special about homemade chicken noodle soup. But have you tried this cheesy keto chicken noodle casserole? Soup is great and all, but a casserole? Yes, please!
Sure to become a household favorite, you may have to commit this recipe to heart or at least bookmark it for easy recall!
What Type of Noodles Are in Keto Chicken Noodle Casserole?
This keto chicken noodle casserole calls for angel hair Palmini noodles which you can find here on Amazon. Palmini noodles are my favorite. They are like tofu in that they take on the taste of the food they are in, in my opinion. Rinse them well before using them and I think you will be pleasantly suprised!
There are many different types of Palmini noodles as well. Experiment and have some fun!
Keto Chicken Noodle Casserole Substitutions
If you are like my husband, you may not be a fan of chicken breasts. It doesn’t matter how they are cooked, he is simply not a fan. So if that is you, then this is an easy one to substitute. You could easily cube chicken thighs or even use ground chicken or ground turkey. I know, I know… turkey isn’t chicken, but it will still work.
As was mentioned, this recipe calls for angel hair Palmini noodles which you can find here. I really love these noodles. If you want a thicker noodle, you use the linguini Palmini noodles. This will change the consistency just a bit, but would also taste lovely.
Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies! It goes well is just about anything. But if you happen to not be a broccoli fan – no worries! Cauliflower would be a great substitution to make. You could do cauliflower florets or even riced cauliflower.
This is one that you will have to manage the substitutions for! Cheese is so delicious and also so personal. Substitute the cheese to your heart’s desire!
If you don’t like pork rinds, you could make my recipe for homemade keto breadcrumbs. They would be a lovely replacement!
How to Store This Keto Casserole
This is best stored in the fridge in an airtight container. It will stay nice and fresh for at least 3-4 days if stored properly.
How to Make Keto Chicken Noodle Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the heavy whipping cream, sour cream, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste to a skillet over medium high heat on the stove. Simmer until the mixture has thickened.
Mix in the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese until completely melted.
Stir in the chopped chicken, palmini noodles and broccoli until well combined.
Add the mixture to a 9×9 well greased baking dish.
Mix together the pork rind crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle on top of the casserole and bake for 20 minutes.
Other Keto Casseroles You Might Like
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup crushed pork rind crumbs
- 1 can Palmini angel hair noodles, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, sour cream, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste to a skillet over medium high heat on the stove.
- Simmer until the mixture has thickened.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese until completely melted.
- Stir in the chopped chicken, palmini noodles and broccoli until well combined.
- Add the mixture to a 9x9 well greased baking dish.
- Mix together the pork rind crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top of the casserole and bake for 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.