Are you looking for a dark, rich and oh-so-satisfying dessert? Hold onto your socks because this Keto Chocolate Avocado Mousse is going to knock them off!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Chocolate Avocado Mousse
I. LOVE. CHOCOLATE. MOUSSE. Period.
I mean, I love pudding too. But mouse? Yes Please!
The thing that makes mousse different than pudding is its richness.
A good chocolate mousse cannot be eaten in the same quantities as pudding either.
The richness is what I love. Each bite is to be savored and enjoyed.
Now, having said that, these portions for this amazing Keto Chocolate Avocado Mousse are quite generous, so you in luck.
This is not your traditional chocolate mousse either. We’ll go more into the flavor I chose below, but just know you are in for a treat.
And the berries? What a perfect thing to accompany a good keto mousse.
Avocado – most notably, I chose to use avocado in this mousse.
If you would have asked me about baking with avocado in various chocolate dishes, I would have laughed.
Many people use sour cream in keto chocolate mousse. Not this mama. No way. I’d rather use an incredibly healthy avocado.
What’s the big deal about avocados?
Well for starters, they are great with the keto constipation that so many suffer from because they are high in fiber.
According to Healthline, avocados offer the following health benefits:
- Generous amounts of vitamins (K, C, B5, B6, E, folate)
- They are higher in potassium than bananas (WHAT??)
- High in heart healthy fats
- Studies have shown they can lower cholesterol and Triglyceride levels
- High in antioxidants (YES)
- I could go on and on and on…. but let’s move on!
Avocados are just plain awesome. Eat ’em!
Chocolate – Well, we need chocolate, right? I mean this is a chocolate mousse, right?
I like using unsweetened cocoa. It is very rich and potent and packs the chocolate punch that we are after.
Hand Beaters – Unfortunately, you need hand beaters for this recipe. No way around it. You will not get the smooth texture of mousse without them.
Note – if you don’t have brown monk fruit – no worries. Regular will work just fine too. Even erythritol!
Other Desserts You Might Like
- Peel skin and remove pit from avocado.
- Add cream cheese, butter and avocado to a small bowl.
- Cream mixture with hand beaters
- Add remaining ingredients and continue beating with hand beater until well combined.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Golden, 1 Ibs)
- Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic
- 2 Packs of Trader Joe's Organic Liquid Stevia
- Organic Cocoa Powder (2 pounds) by Anthony's, Batch Tested and Verified Gluten-Free & Non-GMO
- Cuisinart HM-50 Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer, White
- Bellemain 4 oz. Porcelain Ramekins, Set of 6
Serving Size:small cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!