This beautiful Keto Single Serve Cake is sure to please you on just about any occasion! Whether it is for a birthday, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day – the choice is yours!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Single Serve Cake
I set out to create a single serve birthday cake or Mother’s Day cake or for any occasion, really!
It was my birthday last week. Hubby was on a 24 hour shift. My older kiddos were gone for the night. My 5 year old was sick. Sigh…
So I decided to try to create a pretty keto single serve cake since I was the only one eating it.
Just look at how pretty this is!
Sometimes we just don’t want to make an entire dessert and simply want to just make enough to dig in ourselves, right?
We don’t have to share EVERYTHING!!
Especially when it has cute little pink flowers!
Or what about purple flowers? I did that too! Although I have to admit that even though purple is my favorite color, I prefer the pink flowers.
They just look better!
Have I made the disclaimer that I am not a cake froster? I’m sure you could tell that already though!
Can I make this keto single serve cake in the oven?
Well, I’m sure you can, but I’m not sure how long. I”ll test that out soon!
But for now, this is meant to be a quick microwavable dessert!
I chose to use Lakanto Monkfruit for this recipe. It is probably my top sweetener of choice. Followed closely by erythritol.
I often will use liquid stevia in combination with these two sweeteners but I didn’t have to with this one. I made it several times, trying to get it down to the yummiest and least amount of ingredients!
Hand Beaters – You will need hand beaters for the frosting, not the cake part.
Mug or Ramekin – I used a mug rather than my normal ramekins. But these awesome little ramekins are useful for so many of my single serve recipes (see below)!
Mixing Bowls – I mean, you need at least one, right?
This cake is firm yet the frosting likes to grab when you spread it. I made that mistake on the first one.
On the second one, I warmed it up for about 7 seconds and that was just enough to make it spread easily without grabbing the cake.
It should be fine if your cream cheese is truly room temperature, but sometimes I jump the gun and use slighter colder cream cheese or butter and then pay the price later!
If it looks like it is bubbling over in the microwave, just open the door for 1 second and close and keep cooking. It is enough to simmer it down a bit (just like taking the lid off a pot that is boiling over).
Other Single Serve Desserts You Might Like:
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto monkfruit
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon butter (for greasing)
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, monkfruit, and baking powder to a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add egg, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and almond and mix together until well combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and mix and fold with a spatula.
- Melt butter into mug and coat the bottom and sides. Remove excess.
- Add batter to mug and microwave for 90 seconds or until cooked.
- Lightly jiggle mug and flip upside down.
- Let cool
- Combine all ingredients into small bowl and beat until creamy.
- I took a small portion out and colored it pink with coloring. This is optional.
- Be careful frosting the cake as it will be soft. Warming the frosting will help if needed!
Substitutions: If you don't have coconut flour, you can skip it and just add an extra tablespoon of almond flour!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Kirkland Signature Almond Flour Blanched California Superfine, 3 Pounds
- Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
- Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic
- Frontier Almond Extract Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Bottle
- Cuisinart HM-50 Power Advantage 5-Speed Hand Mixer, White
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 653Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 40gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 355mgSodium: 689mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!