Easy Keto Recipe Burrito Bowls
Admit it. Tuesday rolls around and all you can think about is Taco Tuesday. Or maybe it is now called Keto Taco Tuesday. Nah, that doesn’t sound as good.
But you don’t have any keto tacos, so now what? Introducing my kid famous burrito bowls! My kids look forward to burrito bowl night. Maybe that is because I buy one thing that I would never admit to publically. Until now, I guess!
RELATED – How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
I get a small jar of that “cheese food”, you know – that yummy, yet horrible liquid cheese that you dip chips into. Take a moment and remember what that tastes like before you knew it wasn’t food. Some of the best things in life are ruined by knowledge – BUT that is ok.
Full disclosure – I do NOT have any “cheese food” with my burrito. But I still think about licking it off my kids’ bowls….
Before I transitioned to the Ketogenic Lifestyle, we could have these all the time, but we would use gluten-free flour tortillas and brown rice.
Still better than regular flour tortillas, but my kids ultimately got used to not having tortillas and they actually look forward to putting everything in a bowl so they can mix it. In fact, I even bought gluten-free tortillas as a treat the other day and nobody ate them! Mom win moment!
HOT RECIPE – Keto Tuna Casserole
I sometimes make rice and black beans for the non-keto people to add to their bowls.
- 3 lbs ground beef (I used 5, but I also have 7 hungry people)
- Taco seasoning, gluten-free, no sugar added
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (buy a block and shred your own)
- guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Brown ground beef in a large pan.
- Meanwhile, warm coconut oil over medium heat and saute peppers and onions.
- Make your homemade guacamole or buy keto approved guacamole.
- Once the beef is done, add a package of taco seasoning and a splash of water (if needed).
- Grab your bowl and work your way through the assembly line. I find it easiest to just line everything around the stove and dish up from there. Save yourself some dishes and a bigger mess!
- Pile on the beef, veggies, cheese, salsa and guac! Mix it up to your heart's desire!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 615Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 439mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 53g