Eggs can get boring. Let’s be real. BUT they are a fantastic item for breakfast. This Keto Southwestern Skillet Breakfast will surely break the boring egg for breakfast cycle!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Southwestern Skillet Breakfast
This Southwestern Skillet Breakfast is a real treat! I like to make this after making my Keto Beef Burritos and so I can simply use leftover meat.
I made this recipe so you can make this all on its own, but I highly recommend making the wonderful Burrito Bowls and then the next morning making this!
You can also make up a big batch of this ground beef and put it in a ton of different kinds of recipes!
We made a bit too much the last time around so I called one of my kids into the kitchen to see if they wanted the rest (he was a teenager who hadn’t yet ventured out of his room for breakfast and it was 11am).
He sat down took a bite and then shoveled the rest into his mouth without breathing. He liked it. Then he went back to his room!
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 package gluten-free, no sugar added taco seasoning
- 8 eggs
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (depending on your cheesy desires)
- 1 avocado
- Pepper to taste
- Coconut oil if needed
- In an iron skillet (doesn't have to be in an iron skillet, but it sure does make it taste good), brown ground beef. Once browned, add taco seasoning and a tad bit of water (if needed). Mix well. Add as much water as you need so that is mixes well with the beef.
- Add peppers to the same pan as the beef. Stir around until peppers are desired tenderness. If the grease from the beef is not coating the pan, feel free to add as much coconut oil as you need.
- In a medium bowl crack and beat eggs with a fork or whisk until blended. Add eggs to skillet, stirring often.
- When eggs are about 1/2 done, add the cheese, red pepper flakes and pepper to taste.
- Stir often.
- Serve with avocado!