Are you ready to break out your crockpot and make a mouthwatering pork shoulder? Well get your taste buds ready because this Keto Brown Sugar Rub Crockpot Pork has a rich, bold, caramelized flavor and it will feed and please a crowd! Oh, did I mention that it’s low carb too?
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Keto Brown Sugar Rub Crockpot Pork
There are a few flavors that we all know go well with pork such as apples, honey and oh yes, brown sugar! Brown sugar is definitely one of my favorites, but obviously typical brown sugar is not something that is keto friendly. Not to worry though, low carb brown sugar substitutes work just as well without the guilt!
This mouthwatering keto brown sugar pork will feed a crowd and is perfect for any dinner you are making, whether you have guests over or if you are just feeding your family. I love making this delicious pork shoulder and having leftovers to incorporate into breakfast or lunch the next day. YUM!
To make this tasty keto crockpot pork, you will need the following items:
- Ingredients (listed in recipe below)
- Mixing Bowl
- Whisk or fork for mixing
- Medium skillet
- Knife or forks (for slicing shredding pork once done)
Is This Keto Brown Sugar Pork Suitable for Dinner Parties or Celebrations
Yes! This keto brown sugar pork is perfect for dinner parties, holiday celebrations or any other gathering. The only thing I would recommend is to double up the recipe and make 2 of the pork shoulders if you are expecting to feed a large crowd. I happen to think it’s a great party recipe because you can leave it cooking in the crockpot all day long while you are getting yourself and your home ready for the party.
This keto crockpot pork is also good for potlucks or parties that you are attending. I always like to contribute to the menu for several reasons, one of which is to make sure that there is a keto friendly dish so I know I can eat with everyone else.
There is no denying that this recipe is good enough to be the star of any dinner party, although you don’t need a special occasion to make it.
Preparation Tips for the Best Keto Crockpot Pork
Here are my favorite tips to follow to get the best results with your keto crockpot pork:
- Trim some of the fat off of the shoulder before you add the rub. Pork shoulder is quite a fatty piece of meat and can get pretty greasy if none of the fat is removed first. Don’t remove it all of course, but do remove some for best results.
- Keep the lid closed during the cooking process. I know it’s tempting to get a better look (and smell), but trust me, it’s best to allow it the time to cook properly.
- Add only a small amount of water to the bottom of the crockpot. Putting too much water in could dilute the flavors in this recipe.
- Don’t skip the searing step. This adds a lot to the caramelized outside of your pork shoulder and will go far toward adding to the flavor combinations.
What is the Best Keto BBQ Rub?
This particular rub is brown sugar based and not exactly a BBQ rub, however if you are looking for the best keto BBQ rub, check out this keto BBQ rub recipe I have. It is delicious, full of heat and bursting with flavor!
Can You Use a Store Bought Rub for This Keto Crockpot Pork?
While there are some store bought rubs out there that you can use as rubs for preparing keto meat, you may be surprised to learn just how simple it is to create your own healthy and keto friendly rubs at home. Homemade rubs such as this one are great because you never have to worry about extra ingredients and you are in charge of every single thing that you are putting into it.
Plus, having the ingredients on hand to make your own keto friendly rubs ensures that you always have great spices and seasonings on hand for pretty much anything else.
How to Make Brown Sugar Keto Crockpot Pork
In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pork shoulder and olive oil.
Drizzle the pork shoulder in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and thoroughly rub with the brown sugar mixture.
In a medium skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium high heat.
Sear the pork on all sides in the heated skillet, do not leave it in place too long because the sugar mixture could burn.
Place a small amount of water in a crockpot and move the pork to the crockpot.
Cook for 30 minutes on high. Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 6 hours.
Slice or shred and serve!
Other Keto Pork Recipes You Might Like
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pork shoulder and olive oil.
- Drizzle the pork shoulder in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and thoroughly rub with the brown sugar mixture.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sear the pork on all sides in the heated skillet, do not leave it in place too long because the sugar mixture could burn.
- Place a small amount of water in a crockpot and move the pork to the crockpot.
- Cook for 30 minutes on high.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 6 hours.
- Slice or shred and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Net Carbohydrates: 2g
For the step-by-step version of this recipe, check out the How to Make Brown Sugar Keto Crockpot Pork Story.