PUMPKIN!!!! Anything pumpkin is welcome in my house for sure! Especially this delicious, thick and creamy pumpkin pudding recipe!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
If you follow The Keto Option blog in real time, you know I’ve been pumping out pumpkin recipes LIKE CRAZY these past few weeks. I just can’t stop…..
I LOVE PUMPKIN.
I have about 4 in the queue to publish and my latest were these two:
But you definitely don’t want to miss my most popular keto pumpkin bars recipe!
I really wanted to do a pumpkin pie pudding type dessert. My keto banana pudding from last week just about broke the internet and so I thought, hmmmm….. what about a keto pumpkin pudding? NOW we are talking!
Pumpkin Pudding Toppings
OOH! Here is where you can have fun. You can top with any keto topping that you want, of course, but my favorite toppings were homemade keto whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
Now, you might be wondering if pumpkins are keto, right? So let’s talk about that for a moment!
Are Pumpkins Keto?
Yes, pumpkins are definitely keto AND yummy!
1 cup of pumpkin has 9 grams of net carbs.
1 cup of pumpkin puree has about 12 grams of net carbs.
We use only pumpkin puree in this delicious keto pumpkin recipe!
Ony 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree is used so it is minimal!
How to Store Low Carb Pumpkin Pudding
You will want to cover the pumpkin pudding with saran wrap and have it TOUCH the top of the pudding. This will keep that weird firm film from forming on top.
Definitely store in the fridge as well.
Have I mentioned how you can eat this warm or cold? I know most people eat pudding cold, but I ate the first batch of this while it was still hot and it tasted incredible. I couldn’t help myself!
How Long Does Pumpkin Pudding Last?
If properly stored, it should last 2-3 days!
How to Make Pumpkin Pudding
This keto pumpkin pudding recipe is super simple and it is pretty quick too!
The first thing you want to do is warm up your heavy whipping cream in a frying pan. Don’t boil it, just get it really warm and right about when it wants to start bubbling, add in the dry ingredients.
The pumpkin spice will want to clump up, so just keep stirring in circular motions to let it dissolve.
As you can see below, the pumpkin spice is now mostly dissolved.
After a few minutes, and as it begins to thicken, temper the egg yolks, and then add them to the pan. Stir quickly to get them mixed in so they don’t start to form clumps.
At this point, you’ll want to stir continuously as it thickens.
Add in the pumpkin puree and get it nice and mixed in!
Once it is thick enough to leave an open trail when you swipe your spatula across, it is done!
This is usually 2-4 minutes after putting the egg yolks and pumpkin puree in.
Other Pumpkin Recipes From The Keto Option You Might Like
- Add 2 egg yolks to a small bowl, beat, and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, warm heavy whipping cream over medium-medium-high heat until hot but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix monkfruit, almond flour, pumpkin spice, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Once the cream mixture is hot, add the dry ingredient mixture.
- Continue stirring as the sauce begins to thicken and to make sure the dry ingredients dissolve well. This could take anywhere from 2-5 minutes depending on the heat. It will start to lightly bubble and that is perfect. Keep stirring until slightly thicker.
- Temper egg yolks: Pour a small amount of hot mixture into the egg bowl. Mix quickly and add back into the hot mixture.
- Add pumpkin puree.
- Continue stirring for another few minutes as sauce thickens even more. After it is thick enough but still pourable (about 2-4), remove from heat.
- Add to serving cups. Place saran wrap tightly over the top, touching the top of the pudding.
- Let set in the fridge until thick. About 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 344mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2.5gFiber: .5gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!