These keto and low carb pretzel bites are going to absolutely blow your mind. The soft, chewy texture and the great taste combine to make a delicious pretzel that even your non keto friends and family will love.
So break out your favorite cheese dip or dipping sauce and get ready to taste your new favorite party snack.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Low Carb Pretzel
This is the best kind of snack for those times when you really want something salty, but don’t want to be tempted by chips or any other typical salty snack. One bite of these will take you back to the memory of enjoying traditional stadium pretzels. This recipe is going to be your new go-to for game night, family night or simply snack night!
I have tried various versions of keto-friendly pretzel bites, but I have found that the low carb pretzel bites have the most authentic taste and texture, especially when paired with the right dipping sauce.
What is Needed to Make These Keto Pretzel Bites?
In order to make these keto pretzel bites, you need the following:
- Ingredients (listed below in the recipe)
- Parchment paper
- Baking Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spatula
- Pizza Cutter
That’s it! No need for any fancy kitchen appliance for this easy keto pretzel bites recipe, just preheat your oven and get ready to enjoy.
How to Make Keto Pretzel Bites
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a microwave safe bowl, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted. Make sure to mix well.
In a medium bowl, add almond flour, large egg, baking powder, xanthan gum and garlic powder. Mix well.
Place the cheese mixture into the bowl and combine well. I have found that using your hands and kneading it like a dough works well. Even squishing it between the fingers.
Roll the dough into a rectangular shape, about ½ - 1 inch thick.
Brush the top of the dough with the egg white and finally, sprinkle the top with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
Use a pizza cutter (or very sharp knife) to slice the dough into horizontal and vertical strips that form small rectangular bites.
Transfer the pretzel bites onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until browned and thoroughly cooked.
Can You Have Pretzels on Keto?
Did you know that a typical soft pretzel has almost 500 calories and nearly 100 carbs?! Obviously, that is not going to work on a keto diet. You can, however, enjoy these delicious low carb pretzels without guilt!
These keto soft pretzel bites have just 5 net carbs per serving so you don’t have to worry about going overboard, while enjoying this typically non-keto treat. This recipe makes 6 servings, but trust me, you’ll definitely want to save some for another day.
Is This Keto Pretzel Recipe Hard to Make?
You will be surprised to learn just how easy it is to make these keto pretzel bites. As a matter of fact, with a prep time of just 20 minutes and a cook time of a mere 15 to 20 minutes, you will be ready to enjoy these keto pretzel bites in less than 45 minutes.
The prep process is quite easy too! No need to feel overwhelmed by the idea of putting this keto pretzel bites recipe together, it will be easier than you think.
Can You Freeze These Pretzel Bites?
If you have leftovers after enjoying these pretzel bites, you can enjoy them later! Simply store the remaining pretzels in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days, or in the freezer for a few months. When you are ready to enjoy them, pop them in the oven for a few minutes to reheat and enjoy!
Can These Be Made into Large Soft Pretzels?
I know you may be wanting the nostalgia of holding a large soft pretzel in your hand, but this particular keto soft pretzels recipe works better for the smaller bites. I have found that trying to use this recipe for large keto soft pretzels, they become a little too dense and the texture is just not the same.
However, I do have a large keto pretzel recipe just for you! It has a sweet coating, but you can easily leave that off for a savory pretzel.
What Dipping Sauce Goes Well with These Keto Soft Pretzel Bites?
These pretzel bites are perfectly delicious all by themselves, but they are also really, really good when dipped into the perfect dipping sauce. If you are looking for a dip to try with them, here are some of my favorite dipping sauces for these easy keto pretzel bites:
- Keto Beer Cheese Dip - Keto Beer Cheese Dip might just be the perfect dipping sauce for these pretzel bites. The rich flavor pairs up very nicely with the savory taste of the pretzels.
- Yellow Mustard - While I’m not a big fan of mustard, I have learned that yellow mustard is a big hit with many for a dipping sauce for pretzels. Have you tried it?
- Keto Honey Mustard - If you have a keto honey mustard recipe, this is a great dip to try.
- Bacon Cheese Dip - Bacon and cheese make a delicious combination for many things, dips are no exception!
Can You Make a Sweet Version of These Keto Pretzel Bites?
You can make variations to this recipe by omitting the Everything But The Bagel seasoning and using salt or other seasonings that you may love. If you are craving a sweet pretzel though, I already have a great Keto Pretzels with Cinnamon Sugar recipe that will make your mouth water.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted. Make sure to mix well.
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, large egg, baking powder, xanthan gum and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Place the cheese mixture into the bowl and combine well. I have found that using your hands and kneading it like a dough works well. Even squishing it between the fingers.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape, about ½ - 1 inch thick.
- Brush the top of the dough with the egg white and finally, sprinkle the top with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Use a pizza cutter (or very sharp knife) to slice the dough into horizontal and vertical strips that form small rectangular bites.
- Transfer the pretzel bites onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until browned and thoroughly cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 431mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!