If you are looking for a new spin on traditional teriyaki sauce that is low on carbs but not low on taste, then this smoked keto teriyaki sauce is exactly what you are looking for!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Smoked Keto Teriyaki Sauce
One of the hardest parts of grilling while eating keto is the marinades! I LOVE marinades. I love sauces. And I love SPICE! Enter -> Smoked Keto Teriyaki Sauce.
But who wants to limit this to grilling? Not me!
We like to make fun sauces and marinades that have a fundamental base, but really have an interesting spin.
This keto teriyaki sauce does follow traditional “rules” for teriyaki sauce, but we amp up the taste and spice a TON!
Don’t worry, though, if you aren’t a fan of spice, we’ll talk about some modifications so you can keep the awesome flavor without the heat.
What is Teriyaki Sauce Made Out Of
Traditionally, it is made of soy sauce, sweetener, and ginger. A thickening agent can also be added if you want it thick.
Now, as for a keto teriyaki sauce, we use coconut aminos, low carb sweetener and giner as a base. For THIS keto teriyaki sauce, we also add a litte punch with the chipotle, paprika and powdered mustard.
Is This Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce Spicy?
Yes, it is. If you want to minimize spice, you can easily omit or decreaes the chipotle and smoked paprika. I wouldn’t elimiate the paprika, however, but you can lessen the amount!
How Do You Store Keto Teriyaki Sauce
It is best to store this in a glass, airtight container. I like to put it in a mason jar.
You will also want to make sure it stays in the fridge. This just helps keep it fresh!
What Can I Use This Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce With
You can use it for pretty much anything!
My two favorite meals to use this delicious teriyaki sauce with are chicken kebabs,
How To Make Keto Teriyaki Sauce
There is literally nothing to it! You gather you ingredients first of all.
You’ll want to combine the spices and sweetener first just to get them nice and mixed up.
Then you’ll add the No Soy soy sauce (or coconut aminos), apple cider vinegar and water.
Using a fork or whisk – mix ery well until nice and combined!
Other Spices and Marinades You Might Like From The Keto Option
- 1/2 cup No Soy soy sauce (you can use coconut aminos for slightly sweeter)
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low carb sweetener (I use Lakanto monk fruit)
- 1/2 teaspoons chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered mustard
- In a small bowl, add sweetener, chipotle, smoked paprika, salt, ginger and powdered mustard. Mix well.
- Add coconut aminos, water, liquid stevia and apple cider vinegar. Using a fork or whisk, continue mixing until spices are dissolved.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge if needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Healthworks Raw Organic Ginger Root Powder Ground (16 Oz / 1lb) | All-Natural & Certified Organic | Keto, Vegan & Non-GMO | Great with Coffee, Tea & Juices | Antioxidant Superfood/Spice
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar USDA Organic - Plastic Bottle (16 Ounces)
- Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos - 8 fl oz - Low Sodium Soy Sauce Alternative
- Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 1.5gNet Carbohydrates: 1.5gFiber: 0gSugar: .5gProtein: 1g