Are you craving Mexican food? These Keto Steak Fajitas will hit the spot even if you aren’t! These healthy fajitas are easy to make and they will be a hit with the whole family.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Keto Crockpot Steak Fajitas
You can enjoy these delicious steak fajitas without tortillas or you can make my yummy keto tortillas to enjoy with them, either way, you can't go wrong! It’s one of those great recipes that work for keto and non keto eaters alike.
When you think about keto steak fajitas, you might not automatically think of “crockpot.” As it turns out though, your crockpot can turn out some pretty amazing steak fajitas! You are going to be surprised at how authentic they taste.
What Do You Need to Make These Keto Crockpot Steak Fajitas?
In order to make these mouthwatering keto steak fajitas you need the following items:
- Ingredients (listed in the recipe below)
- Slow Cooker
- Knife for Slicing Veggies and Steak
That’s it! It’s super simple to make this great dinner.
How to Make Keto Steak Fajitas
Add meat, peppers, and onions to the crockpot.
Sprinkle the seasoning over the veggies. Pour the broth over the mixture and stir to combine everything really well.
Cook on high for 4 hours.
Serve on low carb tortilla, lettuce wraps or cauliflower rice.
Should You Buy or Make Your Own Keto Fajita Seasoning?
While there are fajita seasonings on the market that you can buy, it is remarkably easy to make your own keto friendly fajita seasoning. If you have been following me long, you probably know that there are quite a few seasonings that I make myself and that’s for good reason.
Here are my favorite things about making my own seasonings.
- When you make your own seasonings, you know everything that goes into it. You don’t have to worry about anything fake or unhealthy finding its way into your food.
- You don’t have to worry about those sneaky carbs. It’s shocking how many store bought seasonings have sugar added to them for seemingly no reason. Seasonings like this fajita seasoning don’t have to have added carbs to be delicious.
- Homemade seasonings are gluten free. If you are sensitive to gluten, you may know this already, but many store bought seasonings have gluten in them. If you have an allergy or intolerance to gluten this is a great reason to make your own seasonings at home.
Are you looking for a recipe for keto fajita seasoning? I have a great keto fajita seasoning recipe available.
Are Steak Fajitas Keto Friendly?
Steak fajitas are definitely keto friendly as long as you are mindful of what you leave out of the typical fajitas recipe. Oftentimes you’ll find beans and tortillas in this recipe, both of which are quite high in carbs.
Not to worry though, keto steak fajitas can be just as delicious (if not more so), without these added ingredients!
I actually prefer the taste of keto steak fajitas because I feel like they taste much more fresh when those carb heavy foods are left out.
Can You Cook Steak Fajitas in Advance?
If you are looking to make weeknight dinner time less hectic, these keto crockpot steak fajitas can definitely be cooked in advance. This makes dinner time quick and stress free and they taste just as great as they do when cooked right at dinnertime.
Can You Freeze Leftover Steak Fajitas?
Are you wondering what you should do with your leftover steak fajitas? You can freeze them! Here’s how:
- Allow the steak fajitas to cool completely.
- Place steak fajita filling into a freezer safe bag, making sure to remove all the air from the bag, making it as flat as possible.
- Store the bag laying flat in the freezer as it allows easier thawing when removed from the freezer.
I recommend letting the steak fajitas thaw on their own as opposed to trying to do it in the microwave, etc. It’s best to take them out of the freezer the day before you plan to enjoy them.
What Should Be Served with Keto Steak Fajitas?
As mentioned earlier, you can serve these keto crockpot steak fajitas with my keto tortillas, you can serve them over cauliflower rice, or you can just enjoy them as they are. You won’t even notice anything missing.
For toppings, my favorites are salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- 2 ½ pounds sliced steak meat
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- Add meat, peppers and onions to the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the veggies.
- Pour the broth over the mixture and stir to combine everything really well.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve on low carb tortilla, lettuce wraps or cauliflower rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 551Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 453mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 50g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!