If you are looking for a low carb snack bar that is chewy and packed full of healthy fats and flavor, then these Keto Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are for you!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
I have a keto granola bar recipe that I’ve been making for a long time. I wanted a different variety with some different nuts, a different base and I wanted it to resemble more of a chewy bar.
And so, let me introduce you to these keto chocolate chip granola bars!
I never realized just how hard it is to find healthy snack bars in the store. Then add on keto/low carb to that and it is virtually impossible. Well, impossible to find ones that actually taste good and not like cardboard.
So many packaged keto and low carb bars have that traditional shiny appearance and gritty taste.
No good. Let’s make our own delicious keto bars!
Are Gluten Free Granola Bars Healthy?
Oh man, that all depends on what type of granola bar you choose. If you make your own, like these keto chocolate chip granola bars or my keto maple nut bars, then they definitely ARE healthy!
Can I Eat Granola On a Low Carb Diet?
Typical granola is high in carbs. The term “granola bar” is often used loosely and may not refer to actual granola, as is the case with this recipe!
Instead of traditional, high carb granola, we use a delicious combination of nuts and seeds to make the base of this beautiful bar!
Do I Need the Granola Bar Molds?
No, you certainly don’t. You can use a glass baking dish and then cut them after they are baked. But I do recommend the granola bars molds because they make beautiful bars with easy cleanup!
You can find the granola bar molds that I use here on Amazon.
Are Granola Bars Gluten Free?
In general, no. But THESE granola bars most certainly ARE gluten free.
How to Store Keto Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
The best way to store them is in a glass, airtight container. I like to store them in the fridge as well as I think it helps them stay fresh!
And at the time I’m writing this, it is summer still and we don’t need them melting on the counter, now do we?
How long to gluten free bars last?
If properly stored, they can last up to a week!
I’ve actually kept mine for longer, but to be safe, I like to say 1 week.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
First, we’ll lightly pulse the cashews in the food processor to get them broken up a bit. But just a bit.
Next, we’ll combine the cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, shredded coconut and chocolate chips into a medium bowl.
In a separate small bowl we will beat the egg white by hand for 30-60 seconds and then add in the melted coconut oil, vanilla, almond butter, and powdered monk fruit. Combine this well until it makes a runny paste.
Add in the paste to the nut mixture and combine well until the mixture is fully coated.
Of course, make sure you’ve ordered your molds here on Amazon. Add the mixture to the molds and press down firmly to squish out any holes.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Now, store them in the fridge for 30-60 minutes for them to finish taking their shape and then pop them out of their molds!
Are you ready to make your own? Have at it!
More Keto Snacks From The Keto Option That You Might Like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Quickly pulse cashews in a blender to get smaller pieces. Do not leave it on continuously or you will pulverize your cashews!
- Combine cashews, almond slivers, hemp seeds, shredded coconut and chocolate chips into a medium bowl. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white for about 30-60 seconds by hand.
- Add melted coconut oil, vanilla, almond butter and monkfruit to the egg white. Mix well,
- Add egg mixture to medium bowl with nut mixture. Using a spatula, fold and mix until nut mixture is evenly coated.
- Add granola bar mixture to molds evenly. Press down firmly so there are no holes or spaces.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let set in the mold in the fridge for at least 60 minutes to allow them to cool and take their final shape.
This makes 6 jam-packed bars The serving size if 1/2 a bar because they are VERY filling!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- KALAIEN 12 Cell Sponge Finger Silicone Mould Cake Bar Bakeware Mold Baking Tray
- Let's Do Organic Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut, 8-Ounce Packages (Pack of 3)
- Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
- Lily's Chocolate All Natural Premium Baking Chips, Dark Chocolate, 4 Count
- Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds, 18 Ounce
Serving Size:1/2 large bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 55mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g