Making meals and meal prep is easy enough to master. But snacks? Now here is where we need to get creative! These Keto Chewy Chocolate Nut Bars SATISFY those hunger pangs!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Chewy Chocolate Nut Bars
If you are looking for a sweet treat, turn away now and go check out my keto and low carb desserts.
I set out to make a soft and chewy keto granola bar that was easy to chew yet held together.
This recipe was the result of a few iterations to get it just right.
I also attempted to balance a tiny bit of sweet with the perfect amount of salty!
Nuts! Lots and lots of nuts and variants for some healthy fats and great flavors!
Coconut (is that a nut?? Hmm…), almonds, pecans and hemp hearts all come together to give this bar a beautifully nutty flavor.
The almond butter helps hold it together and blend them all.
Chocolate – yes chocolate! I did not use Lily’s or any other pre-sweetened bar. You can sweeten your own to the perfect level of sweetness (see tips section below).
The chocolate is sweetened enough to remove the bitter dark chocolate flavor, but not enough to make this a treat or a dessert.
I chose to use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit, paired with liquid stevia!
If you are familiar with my recipes, then you already know that I love to pair liquid stevia with either monk fruit or erythritol. They just seem to each other out perfectly!
You can certainly substitute the golden monk fruit with classic monk fruit, but I am just enjoying the golden lately. It adds a tiny hint of maple flavor and I love that!
Tip for sweetness level control
The great thing about this recipe is that you can control the sweetness with the chocolate.
The sweetness level for the original recipe is low, by design.
You can increase the monk fruit or stevia to get a sweeter flavor. I suggest doing this slowly though. Taste the chocolate before pouring it on and gradually add sweetener if you desire!
The actual nut bar portion is not sweet. I added a tiny touch of stevia to just give it a tiny boost, but again, not enough to make it sweet.
You are in luck! The only things you really need for this recipe are:
8×8 Glass Pan – and I LOVE this one because it has a nice sealable lid!
Other Recipes From The Keto Option
- Nut Bars:
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 2 ounces bakers chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Lakanto golden monkfruit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor, combine coconut, almonds, pecans, hemp hearts and salt. Process on low until ground (not fine, still a tad chunky).
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, almond butter, vanilla and liquid stevia. Mix well.
- Add nut mixture to butter mixture and continue mixing.
- Add mixture to prepared baking dish and press down so it evenly covers the bottom.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool (do not remove from the baking dish yet).
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter for about 60 seconds. Stir for 60 seconds or so to continue the melting process (you do not want to burn it).
- Add monkfruit, vanilla and stevia and mix well.
- Once the nut bars are cooled, remove from the baking dish.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the nut bars and let cool again.
- Cut and serve!
- Keep refrigerated and covered.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds, 18 Ounce
Let's Do Organic Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut, 8-Ounce Packages (Pack of 3)
Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Golden, 1 Ibs)
2 Packs of Trader Joe's Organic Liquid Stevia
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Pyrex SYNCHKG089152 Get Dinner Away Large Handle 8" x 8" Square Dish. Making it Easy to Monitor Casserole Cooking and Brownie Baking from a, 4 Red 8"
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!