Ah…… I bet you thought you could never have gnocchi again with keto, right? WRONG! This Garlic Gnocchi recipe is just what you’ve been looking for to satisfy that craving!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
******* 5/13 UPDATED RECIPE ********
My family DEVOURED these! Even my dairy-free son had to try one after everyone was going crazy for them. He ended up having 3!
If you like regular gnocchi, then you will really enjoy these. Mine were not pretty or even resembling gnocchi, but once you put them in your mouth, it didn’t matter what they looked like!
AND I’m all about real recipes for real people! I have no shame in having my gnocchi resemble flat balls!
You can eat gnocchi with just about anything. I love making it as part of my Garlic Gnocchi Chicken recipe.
Tips for Making Garlic Gnocchi
If you’ve ever made a recipe with fathead dough, then you know what lies ahead! Two seemingly separate things that you must combine together, right?
You have your melted cheese mixture and then you have your egg mixture and somehow they need to combine together.
Don’t worry – it may not look appetizing now, but it will!
So, how do you get these combined? The easiest way is with your hands. I use a fork or spatula first and start mixing it around.
Then I just dig in with my hands and start squishing it between my fingers, over and over again. After a minute or so, it will start to become one. Just when you thought it wouldn’t!
It will still be pretty sticky, so you refrigerate it for a while.
Many people roll their gnocchi into logs and then slice and make them all pretty. I don’t have time for that and they end up looking like squished balls anyway!
So I just roll balls!
Another Pro Tip – if the dough is still sticky, get your hands wet, problem solved!
Ok, so you boil them and watch them explode to the surface one by one (this is always fun). And then you fry them in a pan of melted butter and garlic to give it an extra burst of flavor.
You don’t need anything fancy for this recipe luckily!
Large Pot -You have a relatively large pot to boil these in. If you have a smaller pot, that is fine too as you can do it in shifts.
Frying Pan – You definitely don’t want to skip out on the last step. Frying these in butter and garlic really make them amazing!
Other Recipes From The Keto Option
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, egg yolk, coconut flour and Italian seasoning. Beat with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt Mozzarella and cream cheese (about 60-90 seconds).
- Add cheese mixture to egg mixture. USE YOUR CLEAN HANDS! Squish between your fingers until well combined.
- Put in fridge for 10-20 minutes until cold.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a large pot.
- Place balls into boiling water. After a few minutes, they will rise to the top.
- Once they all have risen to the top, remove from water.
- In a large pan, heat butter and garlic powder over medium heat.
- Place balls into pan and saute each side until golden.
- Serve warm!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:5 balls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!