There is nothing better than being able to throw together a quick lunch or dinner that is healthy, tasty and veggie-filled! This keto chicken salad satisfies ALL!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Chicken Salad
I don’t know about you, but I grew up with things like tuna casserole, chicken salad, goulash, etc.. Speaking of which – is goulash still a thing?
I realized I was failing my kids when they were refusing to eat things that were touching. Meaning, they wanted the meat separate from the veggies, separate from the “potatoes”. WHAT?
I made it my mission to start introducing them to the world of FOODS THAT TOUCH!
They resisted but ultimately came around. In fact, this keto chicken salad was a hit!
I’ve nicknamed this keto summer chicken salad because I tried to use “summery” colors like yellow and orange. OR maybe those are fall colors, but regardless, they remind me of the sun, so summer it is!
Is Mayonnaise Keto Friendly?
It sure is! Now, I’m referring to REAL mayonnaise, that is.
Other mayonnaise products, while yummy, are often not keto friendly. So if you enjoy things like avocado mayonnaise, make sure you look at the carb count as it is often quite a bit higher than regular REAL mayonnaise.
Can You Eat Chicken Salad on Keto?
Um, YES! Especially this keto summer chicken salad! It is packed full of chicken, healthy veggies, spices and some good old fashioned mayo.
You should always be mindful of what you put on your chicken salad as well as what you put IN it.
Healthy veggies, mayo and some yummy spices are all you need to make an amazing lunch or dinner.
There are so many varieties of salads to try – like this keto old fashioned ham salad! YUMMY!
How Can I Store Chicken Salad?
Keto Chicken Salad is best stored in an airtight container. I wouldn’t let it sit out on the counter for too long.
It should stay fresh if kept in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.
What Can I Eat With Chicken Salad?
For starters, maybe this should be “What can I eat chicken salad IN”?
Check out my most favorite keto pita bread recipe as that is what I use every time I make keto chicken salad.
Or if you prefer something a little thinner, you can certainly try these lovely low carb tortillas!
Aside from that, use your imagination and pair it with your favorite keto side dish (or main dish).
RELATED – How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
How Do I Make Shredded Chicken?
In this recipe, we simply bake the chicken and then shred it.
However, if you want a much yummier way to make it, then check out How to Make Juicy Shredded Chicken. That is how I normally make it, but when in a time crunch, I’ll just throw them in the oven!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 large orange pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 large yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise (for paleo - check ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chicken in an oven safe dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Make sure it is completely cooked before removing from oven.
- In a medium bowl, shred chicken. Using 2 forks pull chicken apart. If you want smaller pieces, you can cut the shredded chicken too. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add cumin, garlic powder, salt, ground ginger, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add spice mixture to shredded chicken and mix until chicken is coated.
- Add mayonnaise to chicken mixture and continue mixing.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 415mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 20g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!