This Paleo Coffee Cake is not only moist but also explodes with flavor! If you like almond, then you will LOVE this breakfast treat!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Almond Paleo Coffee Cake
I struggle with breakfast sometimes. I am a creature of habit and tend to either have a smoothie or some eggs. But especially on the weekends, I like to indulge in a little breakfast treat.
The great thing about this gluten free coffee cake is that it is made with healthy ingredients so it is guilt-free.
Imagine that - a breakfast treat that is guilt-free AND the whole family will enjoy!
So let's get so some fun facts and discussion!
What Can I Eat With This Gluten Free Coffee Cake?
I've been known to make a sausage egg bake the night before and then warm it up to enjoy with this coffee cake.
Or what about gluten free AND sugar free maple bacon?
Why is the Glaze Optional?
This Paleo Coffee Cake is so moist and flavorful on its own that you absolutely don't need a glaze. BUT, the glaze just complements the flavors SO well and it really magnifies the taste so I put it in there as an option.
Does Coffee Cake Have Coffee In It?
It CAN, but most do not. The "coffee" part is meant in a way that this sweet treat is meant to be had with coffee. Does anyone enforce that? UM, NO! Eat it with whatever you want!
How To Make Paleo Coffee Cake
The first thing we want to do is get things prepared!
Get your ingredients out, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish. I find that coconut oil works the best.
In a small bowl, add almond flour, sweetener and olive oil. Mix together until it becomes crumbly. Sometimes I use my hands to really get it combined, but you don't have to.
Set aside just barely 1 cup of mixture. Do NOT pack the measuring cup, but lightly measure. Notice below how you can still see space and it is not packed down.
In a large bowl, add the remaining mixture, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, and almond extract. Combine well with hand beaters.
Add mixture to baking dish and bake for 50 minutes or until center is done.
Sprinkle crumble mixture that you set aside over the top of the batter and bake for 50 minutes or until center is done.
Let sit for 10 minutes before adding any optional glaze.
Other Delicious Gluten Free Breakfast Options
I think we all know that gluten free breakfast ideas are sometimes hard to come by! A few of my favorites are:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease 8x8 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add almond flour, sweetener and olive oil. Mix together until it becomes crumbly.
- Set aside just barely 1 cup of mixture. Do NOT pack the measuring cup, but lightly measure.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining crumble mixture, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, and almond extract. Combine well with hand beaters.
- Add mixture to baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture that you set aside over the top of the batter and bake for 50 minutes or until center is done.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before adding the optional glaze.
- Prepare frosting according to instructions and drizzle the desired amount on the top of warm coffee cake.
- It will soak in and amp up the flavor!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 4.5gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2.5gSugar: .5gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!