Double coconut chocolate cashew bites
I’m reasonable when it comes to constructing new dinner recipes, but I’m still getting the hang of fat bombs. This is my first dessert/fat bomb original recipe so far! I have to say that I think these Low Carb, Ketogenic Double Coconut Chocolate Cashew bites are pretty darn good! Now, I don’t overdo it, in general, with cashews or cashew butter since it is a higher carb nut. BUT, sometimes, it hits the spot!
Fat bombs are fickle. I don’t really like to use sweeteners because most sweeteners like stevia are simply too overpowering. I try to use flavors that are naturally sweeter, such as dark chocolate. Coconut is always a nice addition to any dessert!
HA! Just kidding! I didn’t use a sweetener. Now, Lily’s dark chocolate is sweetened a bit with stevia, so I guess you’ll get a little there! But, as I said, this recipe really doesn’t need any!
And of course, to go with the liners, you’ll need a mini muffin tin pan! I like the silicone ones because cleanup is SO much easier since you can pop them inside out and wash them good. Not to mention the fact that they don’t rust!
These fat bombs can be used as fat bombs, snacks or a dessert.
Make sure the chocolate you use is dark, keto approved chocolate like Lily’s dark chocolate.
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3/4 cup extra dark melted chocolate ( Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Bar is always a great choice)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Melt butter (not totally but until extra soft) in a small bowl either in the microwave for 30 seconds or over the stove in a pan. Add cashew butter and coconut flour. Mix well.
- Add to mini muffin tins with liners. This recipe makes about 15-18 fat bombs depending on how much you put in your cup! Fill about 1/2 full with the cashew mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 Tablespoon of shredded coconut.
- Put in the freezer for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate and butter together in the microwave (or in a pot over the stove). Stir every 15 seconds and continue until melted. Do not overheat.
- Add a layer of chocolate to the cashew layer. The chocolate layer should be about 1/2 as much as the cashew layer. Sprinkle remaining shredded coconut on top. Put them back into the freezer for another 30 minutes or until set.
- Store in the freezer and enjoy!