You don’t need to buy exotic keto chocolate bars – you can make them! Check out this delicious Salted Chocolate Bar with Pumpkin Seeds treat!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Join Trina’s Community on Facebook: Keto Recipes and Support Group
Salted Chocolate Bar with Pumpkin Seeds
Chocolate is one of those things that you can add so many things to and it just tastes GOOD! I mean, bacon? Who would have thought you could sprinkle some bacon on top of the chocolate and walk away wanting more!
I think I opened up my chocolate palette when I first had sea salt and dark chocolate. I was sold!
Now, most of these exotic kinds of chocolate bars that are also KETO are incredibly expensive.
The good thing is that they are so incredibly simple to make on your own!
There are 3 main flavors that I went with for these lovely keto chocolate bars!
Chocolate, Sea salt and Pumpkin of course! Chocolate is the main flavor and the sea salt is so subtle you can almost not detect it, but you know something amazing just hit your tongue. You can, of course, control how strong the sea salt flavor is by how much you sprinkle on.
The pumpkin seeds also offer a subtle flavor that is not overpowering and quite subtle. The slight crunch they offer is a perfect complement to the chocolate bar.
Mixing bowls are also a must!
RELATED - How to Start the Keto Diet (AGAIN)
Why Pumpkin Seeds?
I didn't only choose pumpkin seeds because they are simply delicious, which they are! I chose them also because of the numerous health benefits they have!
Just to name a few :
- Rich in iron, magnesium, zinc and more
- Rich in anti-oxidants (yes please)
- May help prevent certain cancers
- Might help reduce overactive bladder symptoms (I'll be real here, I've had this my entire life)
- Can lower blood sugars (WHAT?? - As a type 1 diabetic, I am all for trying things that can help my blood sugars)
- High in fiber
So those are just a few of the many health benefits. I mean, that is enough, right?
How to Make a Homemade Chocolate Bar
Are you ready to go through all the super simple steps? Cool - let's get right to it!
First, you'll need your chocolate bar molds. This recipe makes 2 chocolate bars.
The next thing I like to do is sprinkle sea salt in the molds. Because, well, sea salt and chocolate are just AMAZING together!
Next, you pour in your chocolate. Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect because what you see is actually the bottom, not the top!
Plus, you'll be adding more, so don't worry how it looks!
Finally, you pour in your pumpkin seeds and even sprinkle a little more sea salt!
I like to gently press the pumpkin seeds down a bit to make sure the chocolate grabs them good and also to make the bottom a bit more smooth.
And then check out the final product! I'm showing the bottom side here simply because I think it looks super cool!
Can You Eat Chocolate on Keto?
Yes, of course! Now, that does not mean you can eat ANY chocolate off the shelf! You have to mindful of the type of chocolate and the carbs still. The darker, the better.
Now, many people can't stand the bitter taste of dark chocolate, especially bakers chocolate.
I like Lily's bakers chocolate bar as that is sweetened by stevia and tastes pretty darn good.
The next best choice is to get baker's chocolate and sweeten your own with your choice of keto approved sweeteners!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- 4 oz Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1-2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- sea salt to taste
- Sprinkle salt in 2 chocolate bar molds.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter. It is easiest to cut them into chunks first as they melt faster. Microwave for about 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Add the powdered erythritol to the chocolate and mix well.
- Pour chocolate evenly into 2 chocolate bar molds.
- Sprinkles pumpkin seeds on top of chocolate and lightly press down so it is all even.
- (optional) sprinkle with a tad bit more sea salt.
- Let sit in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set. I keep mine in the freezer and pull out chunks as I want to eat them!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:4 squares
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 29Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1.5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 9.3mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: .5g