This Keto Peanut Butter pie with chocolate drizzle is going to take that peanut butter and chocolate relationship to the next level!
Keto Peanut Butter Pie
Let me introduce you to your new favorite keto pie. Say hello to the most creamy and delicious pie yet – keto peanut butter pie. Not only does this keto pie have a creamy and dreamy peanut butter center, but it is sandwiched between a crunchy chocolate pie crust and a smooth, rich chocolate drizzle.
It is perfect for a weeknight family dinner, a get together with friends, a holiday party or even just an afternoon treat.
What is the Best Keto Chocolate Sauce?
Either will produce a wonderfully thick chocolate sauce with very few carbs.
Is Peanut Butter Keto Friendly?
Not all peanut butter is keto friendly. The peanut butter brands like Jiff and Skippy are most certainly NOT keto friendly. Natural and unsweetened peanut butter is definitely low carb and keto friendly.
Is the Chocolate Drizzle Optional?
Of course it is. I love a little chocolate with my peanut butter. But you can substitute with a keto caramel sauce, keto white chocolate sauce or just go 100% natural and keep that pie top clean!
The chocolate drizzle is really there to just amp up the pairing of peanut butter and chocolate. But it is not necessary if you happen to be out of chocolate sauce or chocolate chips.
How Many Carbs Are in Peanut Butter Pie?
As long as you are using low carb peanut butter, you can certainly keep your carb count lower with this low carb peanut butter pie. It comes in at around 6g net carbs which is perfectly acceptable for a dessert!
Some people think 6g net carbs is too high for a keto serving, but my response is always that this is a treat. Desserts are not something you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So is 6g net carbs too much for a delicious splurge? Not even a little bit!
Keto Peanut Butter Pie Substitutions
Alright, alright, so you want to know what substitutions to make to alter this pie a bit?
Well, you could use chunky peanut butter. That would offer a nice consistency alteration. I generally prefer the smooth peanut butter, but sometimes a little crunch is called for
You could also add just a smidgen of unsweetened cocoa to the pie itself. The pie crust has unsweetened cocoa, so it will simply bring out a bit more of the chocolate flavor throughout the pie.
Now, do you have a favorite pie crust that you use for everything? Cool! You can use that for this keto peanut butter pie too. I imagine it would go with almost any pie crust!
So many substitution options!
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Pie
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the ingredients for the crust to a mixing bowl, and blend until a crumbly mixture has formed.
Press the mixture into the bottom of a well greased 9 inch pie plate.
Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
In a mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, peanut butter and sweetener until well combined.
Mix in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla, and blend until smooth and creamy.
Spread the filling over the cooled crust and chill for several hours before serving.
Garnish with sugar free chocolate sauce and chopped peanuts if desired.
Other Keto Pies You Might Like
For the crust
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
- 5 tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
For the filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup peanut butter no sugar added
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ingredients for the crust to a mixing bowl, and blend until a crumbly mixture has formed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a well greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, peanut butter and sweetener until well combined.
- Mix in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the filling over the cooled crust and chill for several hours before serving.
- Garnish with sugar free chocolate sauce and chopped peanuts if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 10g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!