Keto Instant Pot Corned Beef
I'm normally strict keto, but due to the use of a Diet Coke or Coke Zero, it is technically dirty keto. So bear that in mind! It's minimal though and it tastes SO GOOD!
I've tried making corned beef in both the oven as well as a crockpot. It is hit or miss at times in terms of the beef being dry or not. So, we decided to try the Instant Pot and see how it turns out.
Hubby is the one who suggested the Diet Coke as that is not an ingredient I would normally use. I went with it though because he said "trust me".
If you are willing to try a (minimally) dirty keto recipe, then give this one a shot! It was tender and incredibly tasty!
If you don't have an Instant Pot - they are a lifesaver! THIS is the one I have.
- 3 pounds corned beef
- 1 packet of spices (comes with corned beef)
- 1 can of Diet Coke
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (can be dried)
- Add Diet Coke, chicken broth, water and garlic to Instant Pot.
- Place the rack (or whatever the thing is called that simply makes it so the beef isn't sitting on the bottom).
- Add corned beef and spice packet to Instant Pot.
- The liquid should be partially covering corned beef.
- Place on meat setting and cook for 90 minutes.
- Slow release or quick release and serve!