These fluffy and perfectly round keto chocolate chip muffins make a perfect snack or breakfast! Also great for on the go or to accompany some eggs!
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
I love muffins. All kinds of muffins. But especially gluten free chocolate chip muffins that are keto friendly! Because, let’s face it, we don’t want to eat a lovely muffin and feel yucky afterwards due to all the sugar!
I experimented a few times with these keto chocolate chip muffins. I was trying to get the perfect dome with some subtle signature crackling. And that I did!
I’ve been making a batch every few days and I eat them for breakfast each day. Nothing else, just these muffins with some grass-fed butter.
They are quick and easy to make ahead of time and a fantastic grab and go breakfast.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
Preheat oven 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 9 muffin liners.
In a large bowl, add almond flour, low carb sweetener, oat fiber, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a spatula.
Add melted butter and continue mixing until dry mixture is coated.
In a small bowl, add eggs, olive oil and vanilla. Beat egg mixture briefly with a fork.
Add egg mixture to flour mixture and mix with a spatula. Don’t over mix and no need to use a hand mixer.
Finally, add chocolate chips and give it one more mix.
Using a spoon or cookie dough scoop, fill muffin liners about 3/4 full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
What Chocolate Chips Are Keto Friendly?
There are 2 brands of chocolate chips that ARE certainly keto friendly and are by far my absolute FAVORITE!
My FAVORITE, though, is the ChocZero brand. You can get them here directly through ChocZero and use code TRINAKRUG for 10% off. They are basically dark chocolate sweetened with monkfruit. I like that they are free of sugar alcohols.
Both are great options.
Chocolate Chip Muffin Kitchen Essentials
The great thing about this keto chocolate chip muffin recipe is that you don’t need a lot of gadgets.
How Many Carbs Are in a Chocolate Chip Muffin?
These low carb chocolate chip muffins really live up to their name. They come in at 2g net carbs per muffin which is not bad at all!
They also do not raise my blood sugar at all which makes them a great breakfast as my blood sugars are definitely more touchy in the mornings for sure!
How to Get a Round Muffin Top
There are a few things that might make the top not so round. Here is a side by side picture with THIS recipe where the round one is the exact recipe that is included here and the bumpy one has a bit more oat fiber and no butter.
So the difference was that there wasn’t enough liquid AND and there was too much “flour” that was making them too dense.
Both taste amazing, but the look is quite different with just some subtle changes.
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes From The Keto Option
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 9 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, low carb sweetener, oat fiber, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a spatula.
- Add melted butter and continue mixing until dry mixture is coated.
- In a small bowl, add eggs, olive oil ad vanilla. Beat egg mixture briefly with a fork.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and mix with spatula. Don't over mix and no need to use a hand mixer.
- Add chocolate chips and give it one more mix.
- Using a spoon or cookie dough scoop, fill muffin liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 48 Ounce
- Lily's Chocolate - All Natural Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips - 9 Oz (Pack of 3)
- Bob's Red Mill Resealable Gluten Free Baking Powder, 14 Oz (6 Pack)
- Anthony's Organic Oat Fiber, 1.5lb, Gluten Free, Non GMO, Keto Friendly, Product of USA
- Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
- Anthony's Almond Flour Blanched, 2lb, Batch Tested Gluten Free, Non GMO, Vegan, Keto Friendly
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 3.5g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!