This not so traditional keto cream cheese chaffle with lemon curd will not only become your favorite breakfast, but might even cross over to the dessert category!
Join the Facebook Keto Recipe and Support Group
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclaimer.
Cream Cheese Chaffle with Lemon Curd
Ok, so this chaffle craze. I never really got into, as you’ll notice, given this is the first chaffle recipe that I am posting on my site.
I decided if I was going to make a chaffle that it was going to stand out and be different! Very different!
Well, here you go! A cream cheese chaffle with lemon curd. I mean, how delicious does that sound? And let me tell you something – it tastes even more delicious that it sounds!
lemon curd is so easy to make and just one of those things that can go with just about anything! This recipe uses my keto lemon curd as a topping and you are going to LOVE it!
How to Make a Cream Cheese Chaffle with Lemon Curd
Prepare lemon curd according to instructions and let cool in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile, heat waffle maker and oil it as you normally would.
In a small bowl, add coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside. And then in a large bowl, add eggs, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla.
Using a hand beater, beat until frothy. You may have chunks of cream cheese leftover and that is fine.
Add mozzarella cheese to the egg mixture and continue beating. Then simply add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and continue mixing until well combined.
Pour batter into preheated waffle maker and cook it as you would a waffle. Often just a few minutes. It doesn’t need to look pretty, just slop it in there!
Remove from waffle maker, top with chilled lemon curd, optional whipped cream and serve.
What is a Chaffle made of?
A Chaffle is traditionally made of egg, cheese and spices (optional). They have since gotten way more advanced in terms of the types of cheese, spices and even additional ingredients.
But at its core, a chaffle is simply a waffle made from egg and cheese.
Why is it called a Chaffle?
The word Chaffle comes from combining “CHeese” and “wAFFLE”. And BOOM – you get Chaffle.
What are good Chaffle toppings?
So many fun toppings to play with! My favorite is obviously the keto lemon curd since that is what I am pairing these with. BUT, you have other options as well.
My favorites include:
*Code TRINAKRUG will get you 10% off! Amazing products with no sugar alcohols!
Do you have a mini waffle maker? If not, you NEED one. I mean, you don’t need one just for this recipe, but once you use it, you won’t stop!
Other Breakfast Recipes From The Keto Option
- one batch keto lemon curd (recipe here)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon low carb sweetener (I use Lakanto Monkfruit)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- (optional) homemade keto whipped cream (recipe here)
- Prepare lemon curd according to instructions and let cool in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat waffle maker and oil it as you normally would.
- In a small bowl, add coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla. Using a hand beater, beat until frothy. You may have chunks of cream cheese leftover and that is fine.
- Add mozzarella cheese to the egg mixture and continue beating.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and continue mixing until well combined.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle maker and cook it as you would a waffle. Often just a few minutes.
- Remove from waffle maker, top with chilled lemon curd, optional whipped cream and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dash Mini Maker: The Mini Waffle Maker Machine for Individual Waffles, Paninis, Hash browns, & other on the go Breakfast, Lunch, or Snacks - Black
Bob's Red Mill Resealable Gluten Free Baking Powder, 14 Oz (6 Pack)
NOW Foods Organic Coconut Flour,16-Ounce
Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute | NON GMO (Classic White, 1 Ibs)
Serving Size:1 chaffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 246mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Nutrition is calculated using a third party plug-in. It is best to always validate!