Four kinds of veggies, tender chicken, lemon pepper, and a little chili garlic sauce come together in this Keto chicken stir fry dish that’s indulgently creamy and bursting with flavor! Perfect for the next time you’re craving an easy, healthy, wok-style dinner.
Join the Facebook Recipe and Support Group
Sign up for FREE keto recipes and support delivered straight to your inbox
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please see full Disclaimer.
Keto Chicken Stir Fry
I love cooking wok-style dishes for my family. They’re full of delicious flavors that really spice up (pun intended) your weeknight chicken dinners. Plus it’s a great way to sneak in an extra serving of veggies!
This Keto stir fry recipe packs in a variety of brightly colored veggies as a low carb alternative to traditional stir fry noodles. Don’t worry, you’ll never miss them. This dish is incredibly satisfying!
The lemon pepper and chili garlic sauce add an amazing pop of flavor while the cream cheese makes this dish so creamy. It’s comforting yet FAR from boring!
So whether you want to try out a delicious new dinner recipe or are looking for something to beat a craving for Chinese take-out, I highly recommend whipping up this Keto chicken stir fry.
Are Carrots Keto?
You may already know that carrots are not the lowest carb veggie. I certainly wouldn’t recommend chowing down on a full bag of baby carrots.
However, there’s a misconception that certain foods are (or are not) Keto. In reality, it all depends on the serving size. Sure, some foods may be more Keto-friendly, meaning that they’re low in net carbs and safe to eat in higher quantities. But it’s not as black and white as saying that some foods are Keto and others are not.
Check out my very informative article about the phrase “That’s Not Keto“!
Long story short: in moderation, carrots are perfectly fine for Keto.
A small carrot will have around 3 net carbs, and this recipe calls for two. With about 6 net carbs from carrots in the entire recipe, the carrots will have a pretty minimal impact.
Plus they add such a great crunch!
Is This Keto Stir Fry Spicy?
Not unless you want it to be!
The chili garlic sauce certainly adds flavor, but it is very well-balanced by the cream cheese. I don’t find this dish spicy at all.
However, if you enjoy a little spice in your Keto stir fry, just increase the amount of hot sauce you use. Spice it up, friend!
Do You Need A Wok?
A wok is not absolutely necessary… but they are SO much fun to cook with!
First, a wok is a great tool for distributing heat evenly. It also requires less oil, so it really simplifies the entire cooking process for you.
Second, the large, round shape makes it much easier to stir and flip your ingredients while keeping them IN the pan where they belong! No more losing half of your recipe to the stove top.
If you enjoy making stir frys and other Asian recipes, you may want to consider adding a wok to your roster of kitchen gadgets.
But if you don’t have a wok, then a large skillet will do just fine for this recipe.
How To Make Keto Chicken Stir Fry
In a medium frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil and add your minced garlic. Saute until fragrant, stirring often, for about 2 minutes or until it starts to brown.
Remove the garlic from the pan and set it aside (do not discard).
Add the cubed chicken to the pan. Stir often, cooking about 4-5 minutes per side, until fully-cooked. Set chicken aside when done.
While the chicken is cooking, you can start chopping and prepping the veggies.
In a wok or large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Add the sliced carrots, diced peppers, water chestnuts, and 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper to wok.
Cook the veggies until your desired consistency, stirring often.
Once the veggies are cooked, add back in the chicken and cooked garlic along with the cream cheese, chicken stock, remaining lemon pepper, and optional bacon.
Keep stirring while the cheese melts, then simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Other Chicken Recipes From The Keto Option That You Might Like
- 1.25 - 1.5 pounds chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided (more if needed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced about 1 inch long
- 1/3 cup water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (or any hot sauce that you enjoy)
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced (OPTIONAL)
- In a medium frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant, stirring often. It will be about 2 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Remove garlic and set it aside (DON'T THROW THEM AWAY).
- Add chicken to the pan. Stir often and cook until done. About 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside when done.
- Meanwhile, you can start prepping veggies while the chicken cooks.
- In a wok, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, pepper, water chestnuts and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper to wok.
- Stir often and cook until desired consistency.
- When veggies are cooked, add chicken cooked garlic, cream cheese, chicken stock, remaining lemon pepper and optional bacon.
- Stir while the cheese melts.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442 Total Fat: 47g Saturated Fat: 18.5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 185mg Sodium: 463mg Carbohydrates: 7.5g Net Carbohydrates: 6.5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 40g